Default 737-800 vc panel has no click spots

drskyking

Can't find anything on site or web about this. 2D panel clickable but vc is not. Using FSX about 3 mo after 15 years on earlier versions. The bombardier vc panel is clickable as are the single and twin engine planes, only the 737! Any help appreciated. Thanks, Robert

Make sure you have the service packs installed and if all else fails, do a fresh install of fsx

Rupert

Rupert's Software

PC Specs: i7 4790K 4.4ghz, 16gb 2400 mhz, GTX970 4gb, 128gb ssd, 1tb hdd, zalman z11 plus

Try if moving the eyepoint a bit forward does help.

Try this first. This is usually the problem. Also, bear in mind not ALL switches are clickable, only the important ones.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

in the 737, move the eyepoint position forward, by pressing "control backspace".

"control enter" moves it back.

"control shift backspace" is left, "control shift enter" is right.

"shift backspace" is up, "shift enter" is down.

(with "the eyepoint in the seat" you can't click the spots.)

If that fixes it, the default eyepoint for that aircraft was not set correctly. You could fix it this way each time, but that get's annoying, because of "control spacebar".

"control spacebar" not only sets the view direction to straight ahead, but also puts you back in the headrest. so you would have to adjust the eyepoint many times during a flight.

to fix it permanently, you can adjust the default eyepoint in the aircraft.cfg

**Before you start making any edits to the aircraft.cfg file, make a backup copy.**

**Put it in the same folder where the aircraft.cfg file itself is, and name it: aircraft -0- Orig.cfg**

How to adjust the eyepoint:

See this line from my b737_800 default aircraft.cfg file:

(this is the default value)

[Views]

eyepoint = 48.2, -1.55, 1.9 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

that defines the eyepoint at a spot in the model that is:

48.2 in front of the reference point

1.55 to the left of the reference point,

and 1.9 above the reference point.

note, the value -1.55 (negative number) means to the left. a positive value would have been to the right.

If the values in this example would give the problem you describe, you could change 48.2 to 48.3 to move the eyepoint a slight bit forward.

make small adjustments and test.

Good to know when making these adjustments: you can add comments. On a line everything that follows // (two slashes) is regarded by fsx as a comment and is not executed by fsx.

I would first edit the line to:

[Views]

eyepoint = //48.2, -1.55, 1.9 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

That way you always know the Original values.

then copy paste the values into it, so it canges to:

[Views]

eyepoint = 48.2, -1.55, 1.9 //48.2, -1.55, 1.9 //(feet) longitudinal, lateral, vertical distance from reference datum

and then you can make your edits, and will have the Original values right next to it to compare.

Make your edit, test the result. Go in small steps, you will have to adjust a few times to get it perfect.

**Before you start making any edits to the aircraft.cfg file, make a backup copy.**

**Put it in the same folder where the aircraft.cfg file itself is, and name it: aircraft -0- Orig.cfg**

**when you make more edits later, back up the current one as: "aircraft -1- description.cfg"**

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saw that in some threads last night, no luck moving forward or back.. Thanks for the thoughts...

How about Tool-tips? Is that checked in your settings and will it identify any knobs or switches in the VC? Maybe checking Hi resolution 3D cockpit/advanced animations in your settings?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I'm at a loss for any more suggestions other than replace the 737-800 folder with one from your standby vanilla FSX. Ok, you probably don't have that! As a test you might search for and install a POSKY 737-800 full aircraft with VC and see if the knobs in that VC work.

Try this one.... 737-800thomson.zip

I have to say, I've been a member here since forever, and have read every issue known to man.

But this, this?? This is definitely one that makes me scratch my head until it's raw. I've never read a thread that even comes close to your issue.

Strange one indeed. Hope you get it resolved, then the mods can sticky this as an all timer.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Just trying to think "outside the box" here! Have you tried things like the battery switch, autopilot switches, radio switches, throttle levers, etc? If the autopilot and radios are dark, can you turn on the battery in the 2D cockpit, then switch to the VC and try the knobs and switches again? Is your avionics switch always ON from your default flight?

Just to verify your simulator...FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2??

Most controls should remain clickable and tooltips will appear while paused.

It's looking more and more as if this person is not running a clean and working FSX or the model/panel of the affected aircraft is corrupt.

A repair may be eventually required.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

So odd. All other planes default and addon have clickable VC's. I even did full download of Posky 737 800 with updated VC, deleted default 737-8 and nothing clickable, beautiful cockpit to! Makes no sense to me...

Never delete default planes.

Hey drsky,

Double J is absolutely right. If you deleted the default 737 your 747 will no longer have sound.

If the 737 is not in the recycle bin and you don't have a backup a system restore or FSX repair might be in order.

As far as the switches make sure you're not confusing zoom with eyepoint movement.

Jim F.

Just wanted to see if the fresh full Posky panel would work. Put the default right back. Even with fresh install can't click, tried that last week. Thanks guys. Doing FS since 2001 with a lot of reinstalls, never had this! Tried adjusting eyepoint in .cfg, not just zoom... Bummer...

Have you tried going between full screen and windowed mode to test the click spots?

How many different default aircraft VCs have you tried? 172, Baron58, Mooney Bravo, 208 Caravan. etc?

Saw that in some threads last night, no luck moving forward or back.. Thanks for the thoughts...

Sometimes Its not just forward and backwards (Ctrl enter or backspace). Its the amount of " Virtual Cockpit Zoom" + or -

CPU: I7 4790K @ 4.5 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1866 17900

MB: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97X

Tried windowed and full, no luck, tried all of the defaults and they work as well as my flight1 addons! I have fooled with the vc zoom also. Makes no sense at all.. That Posky with updated vc is so nice looking! Only way to click panel is in 2d mode and I love flying in 3d.. Thanks for all the thoughts!

Archived