Hi all.

Up until now my FSX SE has been working well... even with all my payware addons. On Monday it started crashing every second flight I do. (Evan quitting and relaunching does not help). Event viewer gives the same error each time.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62608.0, time stamp: 0x54abe5b4

Faulting module name: terrain.dll, version: 10.0.62608.0, time stamp: 0x54abe5e1

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0005875c

Faulting process id: 0x13fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d071a2d0f649a7

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\terrain.dll

Report Id: 727bde0d-ddaa-11e4-94a1-f46d042db3f2

Could someone please help with this problem?

Thanks

Chris

This can be caused by a defect in a scenery add-on where you flew into the area where the conflict/error occurs. This can happen even in default scenery locations or known good locations when the add-on corrupts the good scenery data in memory.

The offending scenery is likely the last scenery you added. Suggest you use the scenery library in the sim to disable your add-on areas one at a time and repeatedly fly the area where you got the crash until the problem goes away.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

It is a known issue .The Beta release of FSX-SE addressed this issue. The new beta release, when released, will address it also. Repair it. reducing your scenery complexity can help, but not always.

CPU: I7 4790K @ 4.5 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1866 17900

MB: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97X

Don't delete any of FSX's default files. It's likely not the fault of the file itself, but something causing the features that file provides to crash. Could be another add-on or as suggested, an SE bug being worked on.

For tech support on FSX:SE, I suggest their support site for expert help.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Archived