FSX Gold Edition run problems in Win7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Hello, for some reason I cant get FSX Gold Edition to run correctly. It runs but barely, stops starts, crashes, etc. I have a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT graphics card with latest drivers. An AMD Phenom 2 X 4 Processor 2812 Mhz 4 core 2.81 Ghz, an Asus M3N-HT Delux ACPI motherboard, Win7 service pack 1, installed mem=4.00 Ghz, available physical mem=2.71 Ghz. Western Digital HDD size= 931.51 Gb with free space 778.85Gb, model numberis WDC WDID EAC-0006B1 SCSI. All is up to date. This is more than enough of req. min. to run this game. I tried install to C drive only, didnt help. Then install in default, still no good. I uninstalled the Acceleration Expansion Pack and ran it. Seemed to improve a little but not much. The system I have should be no problem here. So please help, thanks

Hello, for some reason I cant get FSX Gold Edition to run correctly. It runs but barely, stops starts, crashes, etc. I have a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT graphics card with latest drivers. An AMD Phenom 2 X 4 Processor 2812 Mhz 4 core 2.81 Ghz, an Asus M3N-HT Delux ACPI motherboard, Win7 service pack 1, installed mem=4.00 Ghz, available physical mem=2.71 Ghz. Western Digital HDD size= 931.51 Gb with free space 778.85Gb, model numberis WDC WDID EAC-0006B1 SCSI. All is up to date. This is more than enough of req. min. to run this game. I tried install to C drive only, didnt help. Then install in default, still no good. I uninstalled the Acceleration Expansion Pack and ran it. Seemed to improve a little but not much. The system I have should be no problem here. So please help, thanks

take a look at this

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?270280-A-note-to-those-creating-threads-regarding-FSX-crashes

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

See if you can pick up any clues from my experience-

My FSX Gold ran fine on my old computer with WinXP, but when I switched to Win7 HP 64-bit last year and re-installed FSX it refused pointblank to run, it hung at the loading screen!

I noticed that in Win 7 there's a 'Program Files' directory and a separate 'Program Files x86' directory, so I uninstalled FSX and then reinstalled it into each directory in turn, but it still hung. (Why are there two Prog Files directories anyway, and how the heck do we know which one to install games and sims to?)

I also tried selecting Win XP in the 'Compatibility mode' thing, but it still hung.

Luckily I was buying a new PC anyway so I gave up on it. Maybe I messed up the registry or something with all my uninstalling and reinstalling, I just don't know.

FSX runs fine on my new PC under Win7 HP 64-bit so at least I'm left smiling.

Install in c is the way to go. Not the default location please. (in the default does not cause crashes, but it makes it hard to personalise fsx and install addon aircraft later.)

fsx, straight out of the box, crashes on all systems, mine too, because of a missing file. The uiautomationcore.dll file. You can download the file. Search for uiautomationcore.dll in the search box (top of this page) and you will find posts with links to the file.

If fsx then still crashes, use the link in the previous post ('how to fix fsx crashes'). Find the error report so you know which 'faulting module' is causing the crash. (to explain: uiautomationcore.dll is a module, but there are more.)

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

fsx, straight out of the box, crashes on all systems, mine too, because of a missing file. The uiautomationcore.dll file.

My FSX Gold edition has never crashed out on the box on three PCs, two operating systems (XP and 7) and two Window re-installations

I have a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT graphics card with latest drivers. An AMD Phenom 2 X 4 Processor 2812 Mhz 4 core 2.81 Ghz, an Asus M3N-HT Delux ACPI motherboard, Win7 service pack 1, installed mem=4.00 Ghz, available physical mem=2.71 Ghz. Western Digital HDD size= 931.51 Gb with free space 778.85Gb, model numberis WDC WDID EAC-0006B1 SCSI....The system I have should be no problem here.

Due respect, that system will struggle with FSX on anything other than basic settings.

Go into your display settings and turn everything down.

Slowly move them up and test until the sim struggles.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Why are there two Prog Files directories anyway, and how the heck do we know which one to install games and sims to?

64bit Windows has two folders, one for 64bit programs (Program Files) and one for 32bit programs (Program Files (x86).

Windows will know which to install to, should you choose to install to the Program Files folder.

Installing programs that are designed to be end-user modified, like MSFS, to Program Files is just asking for headaches on any OS after XP.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Due respect, that system will struggle with FSX on anything other than basic settings.

Go into your display settings and turn everything down.

Slowly move them up and test until the sim struggles.

peace,

the Bean

We can send him here though

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Best tool out there for "avarage pc's"

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

fsx, straight out of the box, crashes on all systems

?!?!

you mean windows 7 ?

OK made some adjustments and followed instructions. Have to shut down now for work but will get back with results. There is a lot of "junk" in my OS and a lot of duplicate files. I might just do a total Win7 reinstall and see what happens. But thankyou all for the help, you are a credit to the hobby and more.

OK, after work I booted and opened FSX Gold in my OS. The Accelerator was still installed. It ran great for 15 min. flying my favorite aircraft-Learjet45. Then after a great landing and taxi to park, I noticed the landing gear wheels were half sunk in tarmac surface. I kept playing and 5 min later FSX quit and crashed. At this point I just uninstalled it and shut down desktop and hit the sack. Im thinking about going to San Diego and enrolling in Kings flight school and get a real pilots cert. to fly a real plane. No computer, no software, no more BS, just real world that works. Big bucks going this rout I know. But I have a lot of hours invested in trying to get FSX to work, and nothing works. So I will reinstall FS2004, which runs great in my OS-Win7 Home Premium 64 bit, and hope I will cool down and not do the "real thing" that I know I cant afford. Then after missing all the great graphics in FSX-vehicles moving down the highway, airport activity, etc, I will just reinstall Train Sim and stay on the ground and keep my sanity. hanks again everyboby for trying to save a dead horse...

Another alternative would be to buy a new super-duper computer.

Bean said earlier that your current PC would "struggle" to play FSX on anything but the basic settings, so there ya go.

For example I bought myself a new PC last year for 1100 GB pounds (1600 US dollars) to play the high-end Arma 3 wargame and it plays everything I throw at it smooth as silk including FSX.

But then I'm a single guy and can buy whatever I like, but married doods might not be able to sneak it past eagle-eyed wifey..;)

My machine-

Proc: Intel Core i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

Mem: 16 GB RAM

Graph: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

• 1 year later...
Im under the understanding that 64bit programs should be installed in the PROGRAM FILES (x86) folder, and 32bit programs go in the PROGRAM FILES folder.

Your understanding is incorrect. It doesn't matter where programs are installed when it comes to 32 bit vs 64 bit. They will all run the same way.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

For a lot of reasons you should create a separate folder on your C drive and install it there. It will work fine and save you a bunch of headaches later.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

Im under the understanding that 64bit programs should be installed in the PROGRAM FILES (x86) folder, and 32bit programs go in the PROGRAM FILES folder.

Just the opposite, (x86) is for 32 bit programs.

Either way, putting anything FS related in either Program Files folder is not recommended by many knowledgeable folks.

In reality a folder is a folder and a folder is really just a path in the file tree.

You should be able to install most any piece of software (if the installer will let you) in any folder you want and it will run fine.

Windows (post XP) makes editing files in Program Folders harder than it should be and simmers spend a lot of time editing FS files (so do a bunch of addon programs).

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Windows (post XP) makes editing files in Program Folders harder than it should be and simmers spend a lot of time editing FS files (so do a bunch of addon programs).

peace,

the Bean

Windows (post XP) takes security seriously in an interconnected world and thus takes steps to help make sure your computer remains under your control. This includes making sure nothing nefarious happens to the Windows or Program Files directories. ;)

Archived