Idle to high, high N1 idle values

rforst

Good day all, when I move my power levers forward and then back to idle (as if starting a taxi) they stay up at the 73.1% level. Is there any way to completely remove the joysticks from FSX and Windows 7 and start over? I am using a Force 3D Pro and a CH Yoke. If I use my F1 key I can move the throttle back to 20.5% idle.

I have done the usual joystick calibration and still no help.

Thank you.

Rob

Does the calibrator show the throttle going from 0-100? If it does, make you you

press both apply and save. And in some cases, I've had to do it twice just to get the

new calibration settings to stick. If it's showing 0-100 in the calibrator, it should be

working in the sim as long as some other program is not interfering.

You can't calibrate if your 'power levers' are not in the '0' (zero) position. Be sure your throttle lever(s) are at zero before you exit that calibration window. Click 'show raw data' so you can see the value the calibration 'sees' (as zero).

No matter how many buck$ you pay for controllers, the joy lever is not accurate or pleasant to use. It's like trying to kill a bird with a slingshot. I moved up to the equivalent of a 'air pistol' (pellet) by getting a USB keypad and using calibration, jamming the joy throttle lever with a wedge of plastic (so it does not move) at the '0' position.

From then on the USB keypad made my flying 99% better, especially with helicopters and 110% better with vehicles. Here is pic and suggested mapping of keys. Oh, USB keypad is around $20 (or less).

Chuck B

Napamule

Targus Large.jpg

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived