Plane keeps pulling up when AP is disengaged...

asmw72749

Well I have been flying in FS2004 for about 5 months now and have gotten a hang of ILS approaches but have had one issue. Whenever I disengage the autopilot before landing, the plane pulls up and sends me into a stalling climb. So my question is, what is causing this? Am I going too slow or too fast? I think I am maintaining a good speed but I could be wrong. Is it a problem with the elevator? Is it a glitch in the simulator? I have tried to find information about this but have only found nose diving a problem. If someone could help me, I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Adam M.

What type of aircraft? Are you using Autothrottle?

Are you using a joystick / yoke?

If you are flying a jet on an ILS approach, and want to use the Autopilot until soon before touchdown, disengage Autothrottle first to have manual control of the power. The autopilot will trim the aircraft accordingly. Then disengage the AP, for example at 500 feet above runway height. Assuming the aircraft is properly configured for landing, with flaps and gear down, and that nothing is going on that shouldn't such as spoilers deployed mid-air, there shouldn't be a problem.

Check your weather settings to ensure zero wind, no turbulence, and disable turbulence under Settings > Weather. Wind shear can cause an aircraft to stall.

yes, Always disengage autothrottle first.

then autopilot.

Before you switch off the autothrottle, look at the N1 indication. That is how much thrust the autothrottle has applied.

Then move your throttle handle on the joystick to what you guess is the correct position.

Then disengage autothrottle,

And move your throttle a little bit to see if you guessed right.

-Manually do what the autothrottle was doing.

Then you are ready to disengage the autopilot as well.

(It sounds like you disengaged autothrottle which had N1 at 50%. While your throttle handle was still at 80%)

Boeing/Airbus manuals say:

fly with both on, or both off.

never with just one of the two engageged for a longer period.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived