Winglex error PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help

KaelanR

soo i have this md-80 and its not just sga its HJG and ive been copy pasting 5 winglex types to this aircraft and none function to this aircraft how can i get wingflex and how does all that work like the percentage per rate and stuff

That is an animation that must be built into the model, and IF that is the case than you must also have "Advanced Animations" turned on in the settings.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

Here is where the setting is. I don't have the plane you are desperately wanting to modify, but I can assure you that if you have the advanced animations enabled and the wings don't flex you are out of luck. There's nothing you can do to change it.

AA setting.JPG

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

AFAIK the MD80 has/had a high wing loading so shouldn't show much flex under normal conditions.

Aileron control was provided not through direct flying controls, but through control tabs. Obviously the accuracy of the control yoke response would be tied to the amount of flex, so it is quite likely that MD dialled out much of the flex as the high wing leading benefited from less controller lag on input

Finally, if the wing bent too much how would the triple slotted flaps work without binding?

It's all very well being fixated on a particular function in the sim, but you could sure check that that you wish for is necessary, first.

Archived