Hello everyone,

I have been searching all over the Internet to find some missions for FSX. There are barely any mission that require you to land a commercial plane because something is wrong with the aircraft. I just want to know if you have any good missions you might recommend me to download. I would like it if the aircraft's engines are on fire or failed and then you have to land the plane for a mission. Or maybe just a one that you have to make an emergency landing. A mission pack would be awesome as well!

Engine fire, fuel leaks, and those stuff wrong with the engines make it very interesting! Anything around $10-$20 would be okay as well!

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

There was a "Miracle on the Hudson" mission on the now defunct "FSX Missions Forum". I don't know if it's available elsewhere but if not I could upload it to BOX so you could get it from there. If it turns out that anyone involved with the creation of the mission has any problems with this I'll simply delete it.

Jim F.

Hi Daniel,

There was a "Miracle on the Hudson" mission on the now defunct "FSX Missions Forum". I don't know if it's available elsewhere but if not I could upload it to BOX so you could get it from there. If it turns out that anyone involved with the creation of the mission has any problems with this I'll simply delete it.

Jim F.

where do you get that?

From "flightsimulatorxmissions.com". It hosted a multitude of fine missions.

In case you're not aware, with FSX you have the ability to program random system failures in any aircraft. With this you're not restricted to a particular aircraft, exact location, or time.

From "flightsimulatorxmissions.com". It hosted a multitude of fine missions.

In case you're not aware, with FSX you have the ability to program random system failures in any aircraft. With this you're not restricted to a particular aircraft, exact location, or time.

Thank you for your kind help!

I would check that website now! The missions look fun!

Thank you,

Daniel

Yes. The one I pointed to isn't really a complete mission. It just puts you on the runway, and opens the throttle. Taking off isn't easy, and the engines won't switch off after takeoff either. You basically create the crash yourself.

Maybe it worked better in fs2004.

If you meant: I can send YOU the file too, then no thanks. Those types of missions are not really my thing.

Thanks for the offer.

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey daniel,

Rather than prolong this I've uploaded the mission to Box. Although the mission was released as freeware I wanted to give anyone who may have been involved in it's creation an opportunity to weigh in. Here's the link:

https://app.box.com/s/o641257tix6cx2n68pklww3aywa0utbt

I think it demonstrates rather conclusively that, if delays due to human reaction and the need for voice communication were factored out of the equation the aircraft could have landed safely on a runway. It's also probable that the collision with birds would have been prevented if the radar data had been properly evaluated. If all the data available had been properly networked and evaluated these human errors could have been removed. Heck, we could even call the system Skynet!

Jim F.

Hey daniel,

Rather than prolong this I've uploaded the mission to Box. Although the mission was released as freeware I wanted to give anyone who may have been involved in it's creation an opportunity to weigh in. Here's the link:

https://app.box.com/s/o641257tix6cx2n68pklww3aywa0utbt

I think it demonstrates rather conclusively that, if delays due to human reaction and the need for voice communication were factored out of the equation the aircraft could have landed safely on a runway. It's also probable that the collision with birds would have been prevented if the radar data had been properly evaluated. If all the data available had been properly networked and evaluated these human errors could have been removed. Heck, we could even call the system Skynet!

Jim F.

Hey jandjfrench!

I just got the mission!

Do you have any mission pack that is 10-20 dollars on fspilotshop.com that you like?

I really like mission.

Thanks,

Daniel

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I have installed the Hudson Mission and I have tried to do it, but I can not reach more than 2000 ft, the strike comes always in a minute aprox after cleared for take off, no matter what I do.

Anyone has been able to finish the Mission, in KLGA or in KTEB?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Felix FdC (Oviedo, Spain)

i9-9900K || 2 x 16 GB || RTX 2070 8 GB || W10 Pro 64

• 4 years later...

I have created a virtual flying club where scenario based training is invited and encouraged. I am practicing emergency scenarios on a regular basis there now. A forum is available within to discuss all the issues that arise. Very insightful to me already, and am learning a lot very quickly. The non-conventional virtual flight club is at:

http://www.learntofly.live