Visual C++ 2010 Express and can't get a working DLL (GAU)

MalcolmYoung

Hi guys,

I'm new here after I joined here this morning after being bored to look what I've done wrong...

So, I'll start at the beginning. Doing XML for months now I started to write gauges in C++. (I'm not a C++newbie)

So I tried to make a multiple gauge, even following n4gix's comment here on Multi-gauges etc, I can compile and build my DLL or GAU file, but it builds only 1 GAU file.

My question:

- In case of 2 gauges, A and B, should it compile to Myproject.gau or Myproject.A.gau and Myproject.B.gau ?

- In the last case, what do I do wrong? As said, I followed n4gix's recommendations on Multi-gauges, settings in VC etc but I still have only one DLL.

Should something be wrong in my code or is it a simple setting in the compiler or linker?

Thx for any help.

Cpt Malcolm.

Multi-gauges are contained in a single .gau or .dll (your choice of extension). They are 'called' via the panel.cfg entry:

gauge00=MyMultiGauge!SubGauge1, x,y,w,h
gauge01=MyMultiGauge!SubGauge2, x,y,w,h

The "main gauge name" is a container for the individual sub-gauges.

You can use FS Panel Studio to 'open' and examine the contents of your main gauge 'wrapper...'

MultiGauges.jpg

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Thanks for your reply, n4gix.

But I finally got it to work now! :rolleyes:

I made a mistake in the panel.cfg the first time. :mad:

OK, nice to see it as a container, but what confused me before was that when I look into the gauges folder of FS9, I see gauges like 737-400.adi.gau and 737-400.altimeter.gau ...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think now that those gauges were projects on itself, each build on their own and named like 737-400.whatsoever.gau.

Correct or not?

Thanks for the help anyway!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think now that those gauges were projects on itself, each build on their own and named like 737-400.whatsoever.gau.

Correct or not?

Those are indeed "single" gauge files. If you carefully re-read some of my stickied posts, you will note that I created the "Multi-Gauge" example using the old "Easy Gauge" program.

This very expensive and ancient program created only "single" gauge (.gau) files. I had to modify them one-by-one in order to refactor them into a "multi-gauge" project.

In fact, the examples you cite are actually FS8 (FS2000) type gauges. They cannot even be loaded in FSX or P3D at all! :eek:

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived