Airport Traffic / Queue to depart & arrive

sheldorbaz1nga

Hello all,

Long time FSX user, frequent visitor to FlightSim and first time poster.

I've been slowly learning new things over the years in FSX, the most recent being ILS landings. I recently purchased my first ever payware - a PMDG Boeing 737-800, which I am enjoying a lot. I thought it would be a good idea to stick to the same plane to learn in as it will become familiar.

However as the time has passed I'm still left with even more desires for 'realism'. One of the things that I would like to add to my experience is a busy airport.

Take Heathrow, for example. Whenever I start there and request take-off clearance it's always granted immediately and I can taxi straight to the runway. How can I add more planes to the airport so that I have to sit still and wait for a window?

I've never even had to taxi and hold short of the runway whilst a plane is approaching to land. That would be cool. It's the little things like this that would really progress my enjoyment of FSX - especially when I have a couple of hours to kill in the day.

Just increase you AI Airplanes slider, I think it is in FSX. If you make it higher though, it will tend to eat FPS, the more planes you have in there with you. Just a head's up

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived