Poor throttle response on my saitek x55

roytc

Unfortunately, I have not had a reply to my posting (Throttle response on SAITEK X 55) posted on the tech forum, so I am going to give this forum a go. Thank you.

I have had a SAITEK X55 for several months now, and wonder if the problem I have is a specific fault on my system, or has been noticed elsewhere.

I have this problem on all of my aircraft, but will use the Carenado Mentor to describe things.

With the throttle closed, I get normal FLIGHT IDLE of around 600/700 rpm.

If I open the throttles very slightly (just a couple of mms) the rpm goes straight to around 1500. It is rather like operating a switch,

Further throttle opening is normal, but if you can imagine being on finals, it is just not possible to fly a stable descent, you have to alternate between Flight Idle and 1500 rpm, and 1500 rpm is just about enough to give level flight, so you can understand my problem. Another example is the difficulty taxying. Flight Idle is barely enough to move, and 1500 rpm is far too much power.

I have been on to SAITEK (MADKATZ) but I don't think they understand, and just suggest recalibrating.

any thoughts, many thanks, roytc.

• 5 months later...
When I bought mine (also bought cessna style pedals) there were many glitches on all axes and odd switch problems. A plague of "phantom key presses" as well. The solution was a powered hub with all three (the x-55 takes 2 and the pedals another 1) plugged in. From there it is best to route to a USB2 port. I tried contacting mad catz (well named) with this but just got automated replies - useless lot!

Archived