Latest best windows version for FSX

lefu

the title sais it all

There has been a lot of posts about fsx not working with vista, win7, win 8..

What would be, according to those posts, the best latest windows version (including packs)

that seems to work well with fsx ?

In my case it would be win 7, 64, integral version. for fsx demo.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

With or without payware installed. There are a lot of strange posts about windows 8.1 update 1. FSX was written in the WinXP era. My default FS9 has been installed without problems for all windows systems.

I haven't tried FSX because I think, my own opinion, it's simply to complex and full of stuff no one will ever need. Might even be defective. Still.

FSX was written in the WinXP era.

The late XP period, with Vista in mind. That's why we still use the original Vista UiAutomationCore.dll

I haven't tried FSX because I think, my own opinion, it's simply to complex and full of stuff no one will ever need. Might even be defective. Still.

A real expert speaking...

I'm pretty satisfied with Win 8.1 64bit. Just that joystick drop-out. And that #@!?# Metro interface...

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

FSX was written in the WinXP era.

Actually FSX was written with Vista in mind.

And since all versions of Windows since then (including 10) are based on the Vista kernel the differences are quite small.

Improvements in memory management in successive versions have helped.

Comparing OS effects on FSX is next to impossible as FSX is a very poor hardware/OS test bed.

Be wary of claims of improved performance due to upgraded OS.

A lot of this is placebo effect as every time you start with a fresh FSX install it seems to run better.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Your Windows 7 version should be fine, and it's probably the best for low spec. hardware (Vista was too resource intensive, and Windows 8 was just a mistake) I've gone from XP, to 7, to the 10 beta, and not seen any OS related problems with FSX.

Iain

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

AMD RADEON RX 5700XT

One thing sure ill miss xp,

the technician is offering me windows 8, another one told me win 8 interface is for tablets.

at that time (when we didnt know about windows 10) he told me to wait next version of windows to jump to it from win7. i've read many articles about lacks of bugs in win8

Most people (who are not simmers) tell me to keep win7 for a couple of years.

i see win8 to win7 as i see winvista to XP...

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Actually FSX was written with Vista in mind. Bean

My FSX Gold box states it's for Windows XP SP2 and Vista. FSX was initially released in October 2006. Vista was launched for general customer availability in January 2007

Most people (who are not simmers) tell me to keep win7 for a couple of years.

I would stay with 7 for the time being, if your happy with it. Microsoft recently announced that they will offer free upgrades to Win 10 to all current Win 7/8 users (expected Win 10 release date is Autumn 2015)................how they intend to do the free upgrades was not mentioned but will probably be as a update download

Regards

Brian

Actually FSX was written with Vista in mind. Bean

My FSX Gold box states it's for Windows XP SP2 and Vista. FSX was initially released in October 2006. Vista was launched for general customer availability in January 2007

What's your point Gerry?

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Do windows 8 and 10 have that option of compatibility when you run an EXE file ?

I kept many, many small programs (old) that where made for winxp, as FRAPS,

poderbits sound recorder, screen capture, cakewalk, installed them

on win7, didnt work, but using that option seems ok, i did the same with FSX.

Archived