Can't Get VC to work on TDS 737 MAX 8

MysterIskandar

1. Tongue must be at a 36.85 degree angle into your left cheek.

2. Very Important...Left butt-cheek must exert 2.2 lbs more pressure on your seat cushion.

3. Must look cross-eyed at your viewscreen.

4. Most serious......There ain't no Virtual Cockpit with this aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

This is too ironic.... Zippy, this was what I was messing with last night that made my FSX go bonkers. (NOT the Posky package)

And there is a way to merge the default VC with this plane, but I couldn't get it to work.:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?282539-How-to-merge-the-Microsoft-default-Boeing-737-800-VC-with-the-TDS-MAX7-and-MAX8!

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

This is too ironic.... Zippy, this was what I was messing with last night that made my FSX go bonkers. (NOT the Posky package)

And there is a way to merge the default VC with this plane, but I couldn't get it to work.:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?282539-How-to-merge-the-Microsoft-default-Boeing-737-800-VC-with-the-TDS-MAX7-and-MAX8!

TDS punishes those that try!;) I always had to do a bunch of stuff to them to make them look OK or to fly better. I gave up.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

TDS punishes those that try!;) I always had to do a bunch of stuff to them to make them look OK or to fly better. I gave up.

Yeah, it's not as easy as it looks, I will say. Even if successful, I've read where some gauges are dark, don't function, etc.

Yet TDS insists it can be done....

Good luck OP!

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Yeah, it's not as easy as it looks, I will say...

Yet TDS insists it can be done....

Good luck OP!

It isn't really all that hard, but, it isn't just a couple of edits either.

1) Verify that the model folder contains an FSX native model. TDSX738MAX_LEAPX1B--P2WM.mdl. If not, find it in the download.

2) Copy the model folder to desktop and rename it model.vc

3) Copy the B737_800_interior.mdl from the default 738 into model.vc

4) Edit the model.vc/model.cfg, adding the line: interior=B737_800_interior

5) Copy the TDS panel folder to desktop and rename it panel.vc

6) Open B737/panel/panel.cfg and the TDS original panel.cfg.

7) Copy the Default B737/panel/panel.cfg [VCockpit01] section.

8) In the TDS panel.vc/panel.cfg scroll to the [VCockpit01] section and paste(#7) before that.

9) You now have 2 [VCockpit01] and a [VCockpit02] sections. Scroll down and renumber them [VCockpit02] & [VCockpit03]

10) You will need textures for the VC. Copy the default 738's texture folder(no period or other extension) into the 737 MAX folder.

11) Inside of that default texture folder is texture.cfg. Copy it to the existing Texture.BOE folder.

12) The eyepoint will be wrong. In the 737 MAX aircraft.cfg replace the [Views] ->

eyepoint = with eyepoint = -19.00, -1.55, 1.9

13) Still in the aircraft.cfg, change to model=vc and panel=vc

You should now have the original TDS 2D panels and popups with the default 738 VC.

Hey Guys...Punishment enough??!! ;) ...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
I finally found the Allegan Air 737-800 MAX 8 which is a TDS product, however, I am having an issue with the VC, if I could solve this issue it will be a great aircraft. the issue is that when flying in VC mode, sometimes the capacity of using the instruments the knobs, etc, do not work at all and sometime they do. this happens at any time during the flight the capacity comes and goes. Has this issue been fixed?, or someone know what is going on? I am sure it has to do with the Alejandro Rojas VC, which I love, but for some reason there is a bug with the TDS product, please help. Thank you