HELP! I can't manage to get the addon scenery to work!

daniel_h_12345

Hello!

Recently, I have downloaded Toronto Pearson Int'l and Jardines Del Ray Int'l scenery for FSX. I have placed the 2 scenery files into FSX/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder. But once I go into Scenery library in FSX, and click add area, I browse to the folder with Toronto Pearson Int'l and Jardines Del Ray Int'l in it, it says "path already exists ".

I also tried highlighting the FSX/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder and click OK, but nothing happens.

Please help! Thank You!

Daniel

Fsx is already aware of the "/addon scenery/scenery" folder. No need to add it. Just go to toronto and fly.

There is a second way of adding scenery. You have the scenery in it's own folder X then, with in that folder X it's own folders /scenery and /texture. That folder X is then placed in /addon scenery , and added to the library.

You could create such a folder X from the files you have there now. That would keep things more organised then plunking all you airports together in /addon scenery/scenery. If you create such a seperate folder for every airport you can switch them off one at a time in the scenery library. Easy to try out different versions that way.

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello StringBean,

My laptop is windows 8. I don't think the windows 7 procedure would work.

Daniel

It works exactly the same in Win8 as it does in Win7.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

As I said,, Fsx is already aware of the "/addon scenery/scenery" folder. No need to add it. Just go to toronto and fly.

Just choose toronto like you Always do.

Your Addon airport will be there.

The method you are using, (and the bean is showing you), is for when you use the second method of adding scenery that I described. The one with a seperate "folder X".

When you use that method, you create /Addon Scenery/folder X. That one you would have to add.

But, again, when you just plunk everything into /Addon Scenrey/Scenery, no need to add anything. Go Fly!

il88pp.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, let's clear up some confusion here.

I have placed the 2 scenery files into FSX/Addon Scenery/Scenery folder.

What "2 scenery files"?

Where did you get them?

Are they simply 2 files that have the .bgl extension?

Or are they 2 folders which contain subfolders named scenery and texture? The texture folder is optional and might not be there.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

If you downloaded the Toronto Pearson from here or the Toronto virtual site then be aware of this in the readme file:

This version is for FS2004 only. An upgrade patch for FSX will be released after the design tools become

available.

The extracted files are actually 2 folders called scenery and texture. The CYYZ2007 folder should be placed into the ADDON Scenery Folder and the area added through the FSX/Settings Library. I'll take a quick gander at Jardines Del Ray Int'l.

The Jardines Del Ray Int'l are 2 .BGL files that can be added to FSX/AddonScenery/Scenery folder.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It would be easyer to explain to you what to do, if you give us the filename of the .zip files you downloaded. And what site you downloaded them from.

That way we can have a look at the files and tell you what you need to do with them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be easyer to explain to you what to do, if you give us the filename of the .zip files you downloaded. And what site you downloaded them from.

That way we can have a look at the files and tell you what you need to do with them.

name of file:

mucc-jardinesdelray.zip

site:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/7983/fsx-cayo-coco-jardines-del-ray-scenery/

Heres how I Add and Keep Organized all my Add On Scenery in FSX Gold / Acceleration.

I always 99% of the time inject scenery manually, for I do NOT like auto installers, for the reason being, I wanna see for myself whats being injected into my computer - before hand !!

So, I 1st Organize the Airport I want in my Flight Simulator, FSX.

By the AIRPORT IACO Code 1st at the beginning of the title -

then by the Country Location or region

then rather its FREEWARE or PAYWARE Scenery / Airport ??

So, I'll put the letters FW (Freeware) or PW (Payware) at the end of the title.

Example : EKVG Vagar Airport Faroe Islands FW

WHY do I do this and go thru this kind of Effort ???

several reasons actually, one is because there may be more than 1 of the same type of Airport out there to be downloaded , made by different people, and each one naming that Airport Different names on their folders or files, which I've seen before experienced.

I NEVER go by whatever Name the creator named the folders or file to be installed, I create my own as above.

So, lets say I've already got Vagar Airport already installed and I've either forgot or am not aware of it, and I go and download another Vagar Airport or an updated better Airport.

From the way some of the Folders / Files are named by the creators you'd never know what you got really.

I wanna know for a "FACT" that I'm NOT installing another Airport over another Airport by 2 different airport / scenery designers , so as NOT to cause scenery hic-cups and belches or CTD's !

Now when I go to my Add ON scenery folder I can just scroll down by Airport IACO code and Know for 100% sure that I either DO or Don't already have that Airport or Scenery installed.

I have to date just over 375 ADD ON sceneries installed in my Simulator, that's a lotta scenery to keep track of and try to maybe remember what you do and don't have.

So, this method of using Airport IACO codes was much easier for me, and it keeps them in Alphebatical order too.

There are some sceneries that have to be placed in a certain order , for those I just name the Folders, like Volcano 1 to stay on Top.

and Volcano 2 as it'll fall just below Volcano 1 folder in order.

Keeping FSX scenery folders & files well organized also helps speed up the loading process of FSX too !!

I only put the necessary folders & files in tho, all the Read Me PDF's and other non - essential stuff gets placed in another folder away from Flight Simulator !!

Bare bones Basics that's needed to make the Airport / Scenery work is all I care about, NO Photos screen shots NO PDF read me files etc.

Below is an example of how I have mine set up, all by Airport IACO codes 1st in Alphebetical order as described above.

I've NOT yet had any scenery issues Displaying properly, by doing this method.

works for me, Dunno' if it'll work for others, to each their own !

addon2.jpg

addon1.jpg

Good method! I do virtually the same, but, instead of noting free or pay I add the author.

I also use a dedicated scenery folder rather than putting everything in FSX Addon Scenery.

That's where I segregate them by folder; Pay Scenery, Free Scenery, and My Scenery.

It takes a tad longer to add them via the menu though.

Anyhow, I created a MUCC Jardines-Del ray folder inside of my Free Scenery folder. Then I created a scenery folder inside of that, and placed the two *.bgls in MUCC Jardines-Del Ray/scenery. Activated via the scenery menu, it works fine...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

2 ways you can install mucc- jardines del ray, from flyawaysimulation:

-1-

-Download file: mucc-jardinesdelray.zip

-Put it on the desktop.

-Unzip the folder.

In the unzipped folder are three files. (2 scenery files and a readme).

Place files: MUCC_ADEX_SB.BGL and: MUCC_ADEX_SB_CVX.BGL

in folder: ..\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Scenery

Go Fly. Nothing else to do, just go to MUCC you will see the addon airport displayed.

-2-

Better, more organised method, the "Create your own folder X" method:

Starts out the same:

-Download fiel: mucc-jardinesdelray.zip

-Put it on the desktop.

-Unzip the folder.

In the unzipped folder are three files. (2 scenery files and a readme).

When you ave the folder unzipped.

Create a folder, on the desktop, Name it: MUCC_Cajo-Coco_S-Bruyere_ADEX

In folder: MUCC_Cajo-Coco_S-Bruyere_ADEX you create two folders.

a folder: scenery

and a folder: texture

Copy the two files MUCC_ADEX_SB.BGL and: MUCC_ADEX_SB_CVX.BGL

To folder: MUCC_Cajo-Coco_S-Bruyere_ADEX\scenery

Copy the readme.txt to MUCC_Cajo-Coco_S-Bruyere_ADEX

That helps keep track of things.

Open the readme.txt and add at the top:

--Downloaded filename was: mucc-jardinesdelray.zip--

(That could be usefull later too)

Ok. Folder created!

Now, move (or copy) the complete folder MUCC_Cajo-Coco_S-Bruyere_ADEX to: ..\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery

(To be absolutely clear, not to \Addon Scenery\Scenery. But to \Addon Scenery.)

Then add it as you were trying to do.

Method -2- seems laborious, but this way you can switch one airport MUCC off easily, using the library, and switch another MUCC on. You can try out different versions, without having to delete files.

If you would use method -1- you would end up with loads of airports in one folder. If one causes an issue, you would have to hunt for the files, and that isn't pretty.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived