Cannot get flight simulator X Gold Edition to install - Error Code 1722 and 1603

speedbird196

when trying to install FSX on my new Dell desktop the installation fails with error code 1722 which states that one of he

programs running did not finish as expected. the second message 1603 states a fatal error - consult installer help MSi.chm

or MSDN for more information.

Please, can anyone help me with this - I am at a loss.

Thanks

1722 is caused by a corrupt microsoft store which is caused by uninstalling FSX.

You can download mskb928080.exe (licensing reset tool) from the MS site which fixes this.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Hi speed,

Unless you're re-installing I can't imagine how the reset licensing tool could be of any value.

There is a known conflict with the FSX disc format and several other types of video software that may be causing the problem. It seems that if this is the case installing FSX in Safe mode might be the easiest solution. There are other workarounds but I recommend trying this first.

Incidentally, not installing to the default location can avoid a lot of permission problems in the future.

Jim F.

Hey pv,

I suspect your thinking of a solution to an activation problem; not an installation one. Speed says FSX is being installed on a new desktop. I, too, had success with the reset licensing tool previously but don't believe it's use is appropriate here.

By the way, after I initially installed the standard version of FSX and couldn't get the Maule to appear, Microsoft had me install FSX 3 times before I discovered on a Wiki that it wasn't included in the standard version despite being pictured on the packaging. Make of that what you will.

Jim F.

TO ALL WHO TRIED HELPING ME - THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! You're truly a great bunch of aviators.

Sadly, none of the suggestions got the software installed. So, I did a complete restore to my computer and after doing so, the software installed without incident. Now I can get back into the air.

I use to flying for real for over 40 yrs. I got my training at Shaw AFB, SC while stationed there. The instructors at the on-base flying club were F4 instructor pilots, and beside getting great stick and rudder skills they were some of the greatest people anyone would want to know.

Unfortunately, a few years back, I was diagnosed with Diabetes and now have to control it with insulin which is an everyday battle.

Anyway, I have one question I need help with. When I installed FSX Gold, Did it automatically install Service Pack 1 'or' do I need to go on the internet and download it.

Once again, thanks to some really great people on this forum.

Rudy F. Faircloth

speedbird196@hotmail.com

Anyway, I have one question I need help with. When I installed FSX Gold, Did it automatically install Service Pack 1 'or' do I need to go on the internet and download it.

If you installed Acceleration then SP1 and 2 were included.

If you did not install the Acceleration disc then you will need to install the service packs.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived