Flight1 ATR

coolj9480

No response to this yet on the Flight 1 forum. I hope you guys can help.

I installed (multiple times as admin) Flight 1 ATR for FSX with no installation errors, AV disabled, DEP set properly, and UAC turned off.

When I select the ATR in Free Flight the "Initializing" window does not appear. When I click "Fly Now" it starts fine but the config is not loaded for the ATR. So I get blank gauges and lower resolution textures. The ATR is also dark and cold, but I selected "Power On".

I run both the CFG manager and FSX as administrator. Again, I receive no errors.

Also, the ATR is missing from the Add-On menu in game.

I suspect it is a DLL or DLL.XML problem.

Any help would be great!

SPECS

ASUS ROG Laptop

Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 64bit

Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.30GHz

16GB DDR3

Nvidia GF GTX 670M 3GB

DLL.XML

Launch

dll.xml

False

False

Object Placement Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

Traffic Toolbox

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

Visual Effects Tool

True

False

..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

FSUIPC 4

False

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll

Hi,

the F1 ATR does not put its DLL into the DLL.XML file, so that is not the problem. But it is very picky about getting loaded right into the sim. I always need several tries until it actually works...

1. All the custom code is loaded via gauges on the 2D panel, so make sure your "default cockpit view" is set to "2-D instrument panel" in FSX display settings before loading the ATR

2. The ATR is very sensitive to what gets loaded into FSX before you start it. F1 recommends, that you start it "over the default flight" whatever that means. My advice is, get the "Flight1 safe start" thing from F1, this is a flight you should always load as default in your FSX before using complex addon aircraft (the Coolsky DC-9 is another one in the category of the picky starters).

3. To be absolutely sure, completely load this default flight, then, when sitting at the airport switch to the ATR

To be honest, right now I don't get the ATR to load either ... FSX CTDs

Unfortunately the ATR seems to be just a portover from FS9 and by reading the forums and my own experience I understand it is riddled with problems.

If you can still get the F1 refund, do it. Get the Majestic Q400 instead.

Unfortunately the ATR seems to be just a portover from FS9 and by reading the forums and my own experience I understand it is riddled with problems.

If you can still get the F1 refund, do it. Get the Majestic Q400 instead.

I'd agree. It was good in its day but that day was a decade ago, before FSX, before Windows Vista, 7 or 8. Before the -600.

We could do with a modern interpretation, including the latest version

Archived