Giving myself stupid mistake award of the day

goldhawk

I backed up my addon scenery / scenery (folder) but did not back up addon scenery / textures (folder)

So..... a few months ago when I did have modelxconverter working I was getting sketchup models imported into fsx and fs9 with no problem. Now.... well not working at all.

I go through this every time I get this wild hair that I want to be able to convert sketchup to bgl or mdl. I know it is documented ALL OVER THE PLACE. I just wasted waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on it yesterday so I need to take a break from it. I think part of the problem might be that I have three different SDK's installed. fs2002, fs2004, and FSX SDK with no FSX install.

I will give myself credit for one thing however. This is the first time I have ever been working from a used computer. No original restore media and no restore media that could be created.

So when I first got it and before I installed flight sim (any version), I did image the drive with Macrium reflect. Happy to say -- that image came through for me when I started getting blue screens.

I have NEVER had any luck imaging a drive (yes I know welcome to the new millenium eh, like fifteen years a little late. But really Norton Ghost was something I never could figure out but Macrium was really really easy.

I am really thinking registry cleaners cause blue screens eventually. I use ccleaner, was using it a lot.

I also learned another trick recently, supposedly a Windows XP install disk can be made from an i386 directory, I did that just for the heck of it. But I am glad I used the Image restore route over the xp install from an i386 directory. That will have to be something I try some other time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.::Gateway::. i5, 8GB Memory, 2gb Nvidia Video Card, Win7, FS9, FSX, P3D

Android User. Sometimes Ubuntu User.

Archived