FSX Steam Edition and Saitek instrument panels

ThWind81

All of my other panels are working, just not the instrument panels. The driver installation modifies the exe.xml file so that the panels load when you start FSX. It looks for the old exe.xml at C:/Users/(your name)/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX.... not /FSX-SE. So, I just created an FSX folder there next to the FSX-SE folder and copied the exe.xml from my FSX-SE folder into the FSX folder. When I ran the driver installer for the instrument panels, sure enough it modified the exe.xml in the FSX folder. I then copied that modified file back into the FSX-SE folder. Now when I start FSX-SE it asks if I would like to trust/run the saitek output whatervertheheckitis... I click yes but the panels just sit there displaying those ads. The exe.xml is pointing to the Saitek output application correctly at C:/Program files(x86)/Saitek/DirectOutput/SaiFlightSimX.exe

Can anyone help me get these panels installed properly for functioning with FSX Steam Edition?

Thanks all,

Dustin

(Windows 7 64, i7 4770k, GTX 780 ti, 16Gb 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 ram)

Let me simplify the question.. I have FSX loaded as well as FSX Steam Edition. I got the Instrument Panels working in FSX but I can't get them working in FSX Steam Edition. Any ideas? All other panels (radio, switch and multi) are working fine in both versions.

i dont know, i strugle to get all my panels to work with steam, but so far, no luck, even edited the xml files, still no luck, and i also did try to run the installer again with admin rights, still no luck there either, so how did you get the radio to work? and how did you get the panels that control the gear and lights to work, i have all panels dark in fsx-se, but they work fine in fsx.. I have searched and searched without any luck, so a little help here would be nice. Thank you.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4450194567.png

Asus Z170-A-1151 - intel i7-6700K@4GHz - Asus ROG NVidia GTX 1050 TI Strix 4GB - 32GB HyperX DDR4@2400 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H80i v2 Watercooling

using orginal saitek drivers, thats the only drivers that work perfect for me, i tryed spad drivers, they did not work well, and yes i have a payed version of FSUIPC registered to me installed, and all lines in both xml files are in place, yet they dont load, but they work perfect in fsx as they should, and i have nvidia 305.xx drivers installed, and dont tell me to install the latest, they dont work well with fsx nor fsx-se version, so i rollback to a old version that works excelente with the setup i have. Also have Opus FSX installed on both, and that works excelente, and i laso have GEX EU installed with my FSX-SE. All software installed works pretty much as they should, so why dont my saitek panels work with fsx-se? Been trying to get them to work from day 1 i installed fsx-se, but so far no luck...

Asus Z170-A-1151 - intel i7-6700K@4GHz - Asus ROG NVidia GTX 1050 TI Strix 4GB - 32GB HyperX DDR4@2400 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H80i v2 Watercooling

Hmm... the original Saitek drivers gave terrible radio dial control for me. The digits skipped around everywhere and the sensitivity was way off. So, I use SPAD drivers for all of the panels. I just run SPAD and have FSUIPC (a newer version that works with FSX-SE) installed and they just work. I didn't have to mess with xml files. Have you tried re-downloading the latest FSUIPC?

Just out of curiosity, what exact NVidia driver are you running and what problems were you having with newer drivers?

Hmm... the original Saitek drivers gave terrible radio dial control for me. The digits skipped around everywhere and the sensitivity was way off. So, I use SPAD drivers for all of the panels. I just run SPAD and have FSUIPC (a newer version that works with FSX-SE) installed and they just work. I didn't have to mess with xml files. Have you tried re-downloading the latest FSUIPC?

Just out of curiosity, what exact NVidia driver are you running and what problems were you having with newer drivers?

Here is one problem with orginal fsx boxed version with latest nvidia drivers:

- 

0x80000000000000

Application

- 
fsx.exe
2d0
01d043d9744145d1
D:\FSX\fsx.exe

55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000

And here is the same problem with fsx-se:

- 
- 

0x80000000000000

Application

- 
fsx.exe
a10
01d043d8f8ffb027
E:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe

55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000

both hang when using latest nvidia driver, had to rollback to a earlier version like 305 something that works perfect in both version. So no more updates for the nvidia drivers here, happy that i got it back to work again, and i checked some posts here, that suggested a corrupt log file, fixed that still same problem, then i read some more, found out that the latest drivers from nvidia dont work the way they should with fsx boxed or the fsx-se, so i rolled back to a previous version, then i got both sim back the way they were b4 i started to mess with my nvidia drivers, lesson learned. So, i have also tryed your suggestion to re-install fsuipc latest, still not a light in my saitek panels with fsx-se, the strange thing it works perfect with fsx boxed and yes, P3D v2, no huzzle there, so why cant i get them to work on fsx-se? Any suggestions please.

Sorry Harald, I don't use the Saitek drivers for those panels and I'm not sure what is causing your problem. You might have better luck starting a thread for your particular issue. In the meantime, I am still looking for a solution to my original post about Steam Edition and instrument panels specifically.

• 1 month later...
All of my other panels are working, just not the instrument panels. The driver installation modifies the exe.xml file so that the panels load when you start FSX. It looks for the old exe.xml at C:/Users/(your

just rename the manifest files in the relevant directories to .old they will work. and dont use -run as a command parameter in exe.xml.

hope this helps.

Only BIP panel does not work. I am trying to figure it out.

Can

Archived