Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Captain Sim L-1011

Default Captain Sim L-1011

Does anyone know if the Captain Sim L-1011 will work in FS9? Thanks
    Syd

No, it will not work. FSX only. If you want to fly a similar (but bit more modern) heavy trijet, there is the PMDG MD-11.

Or, you can go for the TriStars that are available for FS2004. There are 2 TriStars for FS9 that are worth being taken into consideration, one payware and the other one freeware:

1) The one made by Aerosim (this one) is payware and it is actually just a part of a bigger pack called "Classic Liners Vol 2" which besides the TriStar, includes other classic liners such as the DC-8. The model is OK and it comes in several fuselage lengths but don't expect mind blowing systems details. This package only features the passenger version. There's another pack from Aerosim, "Classic Freighters Vol 1" that features the freighter version of the TriStar, among other classic freighters (this one).

2) Then there's a freeware pack of TriStars, available at Historic Jetliner Group (here, check the LOCKHEED section). The models looks very good (made by Erick Cantu), the systems are very detailed and realistic, especially for a freeware simulation like that (far more realistic than Aerosim, which is no match for these freewares), very pleasant to fly, there are multiple L-1011 versions simulated with a very high degree of fidelity, from panel layout to sounds and FDE, and they're constantly improved! Last time they updated these simulations was in December 2014, and a few months before that, in April, they (HJG) implemented the capability to perform a CAT III autoland into these simulations, they're serious business, I highly recommend these!
    Last edited by Men In Black; 01-27-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Thanks to both of you. However to Men In Black I have downloaded the Aerosim L-1011 straight off of this website. So is there a better version than the free download here? Thank
    Syd

Ummm, Aerosim L-1011 is a payware product (it has no free version), I'm pretty sure you didn't freely download it from FlightSim. The one I've linked to in my previous post is the only TriStar made by Aerosim. Are you sure you're talking about Aerosim L-1011? Must have been some other freeware L-1011 that you've downloaded from FlightSim...I suppose.....

Quote Originally Posted by windqaz View Post
    Thanks to both of you. However to Men In Black I have downloaded the Aerosim L-1011 straight off of this website. So is there a better version than the free download here? Thank
    Syd
    Can you provide the file name of the Aerosim L-1011 that is here in the File Library?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

I searched and didn't found. Maybe you mean the avsim library? Never was an announcement this addon became free. I agree with men in black, probably you downloaded some other freeware L-1011...

I'm not sure how to go back and get the file name but here is a copyy of the first of my 6 liveries I downloaded.
    fltsim.0]
    title=AS_Lockheed_L1011 (AS029)
    sim=AS_L1011
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=N1011
    atc_airline=Lockheed
    atc_flight_number=1011
    atc_heavy=1
    ui_manufacturer=AeroSim
    ui_type=L-1011
    ui_variation=Lockheed
    visual_damage=0
    atc_parking_types=GATE
    description=Lockheed L1011 TriStar

I have 5 others including TWA, All Nippon, Delta, Cathay Pacific, National. If you guys can tell me how and where to find the exact file name, I'll post it.
    Syd

This is a SAMPLE ONLY of a file from the library. I will mark the File Name in RED.

FSX - FSX Jetliners
    FSX FedEx Lockheed L-1011-F TriStar
    [ Download | View ]

Name: captainsim_l-1011f_tristar_fedex_oc_n101fd.zip
    Size: 21,140,936 Date: 01-26-2015 Downloads: 45

FSX FedEx Lockheed L-1011-F TriStar, registration N101FD. A repaint of the payware Captain Sim L1011 Tristar in fictional FedEx old color scheme. Textures only. Painted by Corina Meyer.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

The L-1011 models designed by Erick Cantu are unparalleled - far better than the payware available for FS2004. All of the different base models and their respective paint liveries are freely available for download from the HJG website.

Name:  tn_Screenshot38953.jpg
Views: 1341
Size:  178.9 KB

Name:  tn_Screenshot43449.jpg
Views: 1587
Size:  190.8 KB

These models will bring you hours of enjoyment. ~Glenn
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, CoolerMaster Centurion case, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4Ghz CPU, 16GB Corsair RAM, ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/Aura MB, CoolerMaster Hyper212 Cooling, EVGA GeForce 650 GTX 1GB GPU, (2) Western-Digital Black Caviar SATA6 HDDs, Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke/RudderPedals, TrackIR4, Altec-Lansing 3D subwoofer sound

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast