hyenafur

So I've always wanted to start my own Virtual Airline (I actually have a Bacherlors in Aviation Management). I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me with this.

I've had three ideas under consideration;

1. A 14CFR Part 135 style Virtual Airline flying the C206, C207, C208, and C402. Most of the operations would be out of Billings, Montana, with the focus on inner-state flights. Other possible locations would be out of Seattle KBFI.

2. I really missed working for Pacific West Airways. I've considered resurrecting that Virtual Airline, which would be a 14CFR Part 121 Domestic/International Carrier. Would be a San Francisco or San Jose based carrier operating either an all Boeing or all Airbus fleet going to Seattle, Portland, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Salt Lake, Vancouver, Spokane, and Boise. Eventual expansion would be to the Hawaiian Islands as well as inland.

3. A 14CFR Part 121 International Carrier flying an all Airbus or all Boeing fleet from Miami to the Caribbean, Mexico, Latin America, and South America with eventual expansion north to New York, and west to San Francisco and Los Angeles.

Would love to hear some feed back on these ideas. I'd also be looking for anyone that would be interested in getting an operation up and running.

I'm very much interested in this!

Especially #1

I would hope that you would have lots of flights going west into KBZN, KWYS, KJAC, etc

Great scenery oportunities with ORBX. I run an old i7-930 so.. I have to stay out of Seattle downtown area. I think it would be fun though to maybe be based out of KBLI and you could service the San Juan Islands and KBVS, etc again awesome ORBX Scenery area.

Also California area is another nice ORBX scenery area.. great addon airports, KPSP, KMRY, KRDD, KTVL all prime destinations for charter work.

I can't help but mentioning adding the PC-12 and/or B200 it would be nice for those higher elevation airports.

Another thing I've thought would be fun and it would allow your pilots to fly just about any aircraft and that is to offer ferry flights. You could use defualt paint schemes and it would allow aircraft like C172/182, SR22, Cherokees, Tomahawks, warbirds.. taking them from anywhere to anywhere.

please keep me informed, I like where this is going.

brian.sommers777@gmail.com

I'd be in favor of option 3. There's ultimate terrain x for the caribbean, and some good payware and shareware scenery for the tropics. Summer all year around. If you wanted to expand over time and use the heavies you can go south to Brazil, west to Mexico, east to Africa, north to Canada, and northeast to Europe. Centrally located for all of those.

I'm leaning more and more towards option 3. Trying to decide right now whether to go with the Airbus or the 737 family.

Initial route structure would be:

Bahamas

MIA - NAS

Cuba

MIA - HAV

MIA - SCU

Jamaica

MIA - KIN

Dominican Republic

MIA - PUJ

MIA - SDQ

Puerto Rico

MIA - SJU

I've got a route structure in mind for the 135 idea, but I'd probably stay away from the King Air 200 and the PC-12 or doing ferry flights.

Routes would be:

BIL - GTF (C402)

BIL - MSO (C402)

BIL - BTM (C402)

BIL - HLN (C402)

BIL - FCA (C402)

BIL - BZN (C207)

GTF - BZN (C207)

GTF - MSO (C207)

GTF - BTM (C206)

GTF - FCA (C207)

GTF - HLN (C206)

MSO - FCA (C206)

MSO - BTM (C206)

MSO - BZN (C207)

FCA - BTM (C207)

FCA - HLN (C207)

Finally got it mostly figured out. Basically looking at a reboot of sorts of the old PAA. Not a "let's fly the old PAA 727" airline, I mean a full up 100% reboot from the ground up as if they were starting up tomorrow.

Pan American Airways started out in Key West, but the Main Hub will be Miami International.

Initial Service

Airbus A320

Miami to Havanna

Miami to San Juan

Miami to Punta Cana

Miami to Montego Bay

Miami to Nassau

Eventually add in service to other islands as well as the A319, A321, and regional service in the E-Series, the ERJ-145, and the EMB-120.

emb120paa.png

After thinking about it, it might just be easier to start out with Turboprops and add aircraft and routes on one by one rather than trying to come up with a massive schedule.

So going to start the whole thing with the EMB-120 and the ERJ-145.

Here are the finalized routes;

Miami to

The Bahamas

Bimini (E120)

Freeport (E120)

Treasure Cay (E120)

Marsh Harbour (E120)

North Eleuthera (E120)

Governor's Harbour (E120)

Great Exuma Island (E120)

Nassau (E145)

Cuba

Havanna (E145)

Cienfuegos (E145)

Camaguey (E145)

Holguin (E145)

Santiago de Cuba (E145)

EMB-120 Map

map.gif

ERJ-145 Map

map2.gif

Full Route Map

map3.gif

EMB-120 Paint Scheme

emb120paa.png

ERJ-145 Paint Scheme

erj145paa.png

Did some repaints of the aircraft.

EMB-120 Original Model by Erick Cantu

paae120sm.jpg

ERJ-145XR Original Model by Project Open Sky

paae145sm.jpg

They'll be up in the downloads section shortly. Now to just find some pilots, a website, and a few other things.

Archived