Aircraft Textures Problems

Vanzmelo

Hey everyone,

So recently I got a new computer and I installed FSX on it. When I open some of the planes, some of them have all white textures or they have "Microsoft Flight Simulator" written all over it. Now I searched the forums and I looked for a solution and I solution I found was to turn off DX10 preview. When I do that, the textures work fine, except I can't see most of the planes I have. They all are missing the body and almost everything except for the wings, cockpit windows, engines and some other small parts. Now the solution I found for that on the forum was to turn on DX10...I think you guys can see the issue that I'm having here. So my question is if there is another way to fix the texture problem without having the other issue turn up and vice versa.

Thanks for your time everyone!

:DAMD FX6300 6-Cores 3.5GHz, 16Gb RAM, GTX750 1GB:D

I still need to do some calibration...ã€=◈︿◈=】

When you turn on DX10 preview mode, some DX10 shaders are replaced in FSX. Although you turn off DX10 (which was intended to be a demo, not a normal mode) FSX DX9 continues to try to use the DX10 shader files, but cannot.

With FSX shut down:

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/clean-up-shader-cache/

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

..."turn off DX10 preview. When I do that, the textures work fine, except I can't see most of the planes I have...."

Which planes work and which ones don't?

If you have add-ons, the blank thumbnail in the aircraft selection screen just means a thumbnail wasn't provided our you didn't copy it in.

load preview look like this?

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?286583-Help

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

When you say that some planes have all white textures, are you referring to the white liveries for the default planes or do you mean that the planes are all white, no windows, rivets, panel lines etc.?

Planes that are all white (no textures) in DX10 mode are not DX10 compatible.

When FSX is in DX10 Mode and cannot find textures it will use an image from the root FSX folder named bkg.bmp which is blue in tint, has some clouds on it along with the FSX text.

FSX will also use bkg.bmp as a placeholder until it can "catch up" with displaying textures. This is a symptom that you are asking too much from your PC and need to turn down some sliders.

If you want to use DX10 you should go to Avsim.com and get Steve Parson's updated shaders. The current file name is shader_release_v3.2.3.zip

This will fix a lot of the issue with DX10. Are you having problems with default planes or just addons?

Can you give us an example of some of the addons you are having issues with?

Planes built for FS9 will not work in DX10 without one of a couple different payware addons that convert textures on the fly to allow legacy airplanes to work in DX10.

Another thing you might look into is your video drivers. Some versions have not played well with FSX and sometimes you have to roll back to an older version.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

When you say that some planes have all white textures, are you referring to the white liveries for the default planes or do you mean that the planes are all white, no windows, rivets, panel lines etc.?

Planes that are all white (no textures) in DX10 mode are not DX10 compatible.

When FSX is in DX10 Mode and cannot find textures it will use an image from the root FSX folder named bkg.bmp which is blue in tint, has some clouds on it along with the FSX text.

FSX will also use bkg.bmp as a placeholder until it can "catch up" with displaying textures. This is a symptom that you are asking too much from your PC and need to turn down some sliders.

If you want to use DX10 you should go to Avsim.com and get Steve Parson's updated shaders. The current file name is shader_release_v3.2.3.zip

This will fix a lot of the issue with DX10. Are you having problems with default planes or just addons?

Can you give us an example of some of the addons you are having issues with?

Planes built for FS9 will not work in DX10 without one of a couple different payware addons that convert textures on the fly to allow legacy airplanes to work in DX10.

Another thing you might look into is your video drivers. Some versions have not played well with FSX and sometimes you have to roll back to an older version.

peace,

the Bean

Well one of the addons that gives me trouble is the POSKY 737-600. The POSKY 777 and some others do as well. I'm added a few pictures to show what my problem is like.

Problem 1.jpg

problem 2.jpg

problem 3.jpg

problem 4.jpg

This seems to only really be happening to freewares since the JustFlight L1011 isn't affected by this. Non-defaults work fine too as far as I know. I'm going to try the updated shaders you mentioned to see if that helps.

UPDATE The updated shaders did not resolve the issue.

..."turn off DX10 preview. When I do that, the textures work fine, except I can't see most of the planes I have...."

Which planes work and which ones don't?

If you have add-ons, the blank thumbnail in the aircraft selection screen just means a thumbnail wasn't provided our you didn't copy it in.

load preview look like this?

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?286583-Help

-Pv-

The planes that don't work are most of Dino Cattaneo's planes except the S-3 Viking as well as the POSKY planes I mentioned in the preview response. Basically anything that isn't the S-3 Viking or a default plane looks like the picture you sent.

Weird that you would need DX10 on to have aircraft show up. Are you using Steve's DX10 Fixer? I don't have DX10 available to me and all POSKY, and Dino's aircraft display and fly great! I don't even have Acceleration. (I do get the Fatal CTDs that Dino mentions, on occasion).

Tomcat.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Since the default planes work, this means there is nothing wrong with your sim or the settings which are causing the distortion unless the planes you added require something special. Seems like a good time to get tech support from the author, research updates, or remove the offenders.

-Pv-

zippy, I think he is using a different tomcat.

file is: f14bfs9a.zip

This is a FS2004 aircraft, so it may show problems in FSX. Often gauges don't work.

However, in his picture it looks like it is supposed to.

Well.. not quite, he has the "MSFSX" blue texture file showing....

I installed it to test. here's a picture.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Weird that you would need DX10 on to have aircraft show up. Are you using Steve's DX10 Fixer? I don't have DX10 available to me and all POSKY, and Dino's aircraft display and fly great! I don't even have Acceleration. (I do get the Fatal CTDs that Dino mentions, on occasion).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]175515[/ATTACH]

Dino's aircraft work fine on DX10. And I also did download the DX10 shader update from avsim that pv had recommended.

The F-14 that I sowed was a livery that I had downloaded which wasn't working. The default liveries work fine.

zippy, I think he is using a different tomcat.

file is: f14bfs9a.zip

This is a FS2004 aircraft, so it may show problems in FSX. Often gauges don't work.

However, in his picture it looks like it is supposed to.

Well.. not quite, he has the "MSFSX" blue texture file showing....

I installed it to test. here's a picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]175518[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]175519[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]175520[/ATTACH]

I downloaded the most recent version of the Tomcat from Dino's website so I don't think thats the problem with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, I have the exactly same problem. I tried with installing the SP 1 plus Acceleration and no result. If I turn off the Direct X 10 preview, yes, I can see the textures of the planes but the game just crashes (fatal error) on the moment I click FLY NOW. An example when this happens is freeware add-on plane "Air France A320-214 F-GHQL By Daniel Alamilla Project Airbus ".

My PC parameters are:

Acer Aspire V5

Processor AMD A10, quad core, up to 3,5 GHz

Video card: AMD Radeon HD 8750M

8 GB of RAM

Windows 8.1 64 bit

Archived