Changing the NAV1 number before the decimal in smaller aircraft in FSX

normanscr

How in the world do I change the number for the NAV1 frequency that's before the decimal, in smaller aircraft like the Beech etc. in FSX?

Eg: in 117.10, I can change the .10 using the small knob below the NAV text, but not the value before it.

But how do I change the the 117 value? It appears there's no way to do it.

It's easily done in larger aircraft like the Boeing and Airbus.

Can anyone help? Please see attached image for the value which I cannot change (marked with red arrow).

I've tried everything I could :-). Thanks.

FSX.jpg

Sorry, I don't have a Garmin G1000 glass panel in my aircraft. Can you bring up a radio display using a shift+number? I didn't notice a radio SimIcon. That button you describe looks like it has a push/pull function. Could it be push for changing the numbers to the right of the decimal and pull for the numbers to the left?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It's possible to change the radio frequencies (and just about anything else which are standard features in all FSX aircraft) by using key commands. Handy when a gauge is hard to use. This is covered in the Learning Center and the KEYS portion of the Shift-F10 kneeboard. In this case, changing the radio from the radio stack is probably easier than trying to change it from some other gauge.

From the Learning Center (a MUCH under valued resource for the new simmer):

- or -

Press C to select the primary frequency numbers on Com 1 radio (the numbers to the left of the decimal). Press C+2 to select the primary frequency numbers on Com 2 radio.

Press the PLUS SIGN key (+) to increase the frequency numbers.

- or -

Press the MINUS SIGN key (-) to decrease the frequency numbers.

Press the C key twice to select the secondary frequency numbers on Com 1 radio (the numbers to the right of the decimal). Press the C key twice, and then press 2 to select the secondary frequency numbers on Com 2 radio.

Press the PLUS SIGN key (+) to increase the frequency numbers.

- or -

Press the MINUS SIGN key (-) to decrease the frequency numbers.

This also works for the NAV, ADF, and transponder radios by first pressing the N (N+2 for NAV 2), A, and T keys, respectively, or by using the mouse wheel.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Position the pointing finger over the tuning knob. The outer portion of the ring will change the Megahertz counter in a plus or minus direction. The inner portion of the knob will change the Kilohertz counter plus or minus direction.

Ron

Glass Cockpit.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

As Ron indicates, there are multiple positions on the tuner knob. Unlike real knobs, the operating position of the mouse for each knob can be awkward to find, so play around the area (it may not be exactly on the knob) to find each one -- incidentally, once you have the right spot, scrolling with the mouse wheel will "rotate" the knob in both directions.

Or you can learn the keyboard shortcuts that Paul mentions.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

inky160's answer helped a lot. I got it working. The trick is, you need to position the hand cursor in the top outer half portion of the dial, and use your mouse scroll wheel to change the value. It will not work if you position the cursor in the bottom or left or right half portion. That's what I'd been doing all this time. Thanks to all of you who replied :)

That knob's mouse area is divided into 4 quadrants.

Upper Left = Decrement Whole number, Upper Right = Increment Whole number

Lower Left = Decrement Decimal number, Lower Right = Increment Decimal number.

Just under the knob is a mouse spot to Toggle Nav 1/Nav 2...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

Archived