WOAI messed up ground textures???

aaronshenhao

Hi,

this is my 5th problem in 3 days. I just installed WOAI and it messed up my ground textures(I think). Taxiways are suddenly made of ashphalt and some gates has a thin line of ashphalt near them.

I tried uninstalling WOAI using the Expert setup as admin mode but it couldn't detect any packages. I had to delte everything manually from the aircraft folder and the scenery folder.

Does WOAI really modifies ground textures? When I loaded FSX after getting WOAI it said setting up scenery or something. I tried reseting CFG but that still not work.

Here is a screenshot that shows black ashphalt at gates at WMKK:

http://imageshack.com/a/img537/614/Er2A4S.png

What is going on??? There has been so many problems when after getting it on this new laptop.

Thanks,

Aaron.

Looks like scenery misalignment to me as if two sceneries are conflicting.

You might be trying to hard to get wizbang out of the sim without know what you are doing. Installing stuff and deleting stuff and breaking stuff.

You probably won't do this, but I would want to return to pure untouched FS instead of chasing rabbits day after day. Certainly this kitchen sink approach cannot be fun for you? Uncheck an added scenery in the scenery library and let FSX Repair put its original texture files back in.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Thanks for your help.

The only thing I've done today was install the Carenado Beech Baron and WOAI. Everything was working fine yesterday. As for addon sceneries, I only have FTX Global.

I think reinstalling FSX would be a last resort, as I haven't finished installing all my addons until today.

I had WOAI before, but never this. Is it even caused by WOAI?

Things I deleted so far (WOAI):

1. Simobjects/Airplanes - All WOAI files

2. Scenery/World/Scenery- Delete WOAI traffic files

I haven't touched any Texture or Scenery files except backing up some textures during the FTX Global install.

I also use REX for runway and taxiway textures, maybe this is causing the problem?

Thanks,

Aaron.

Just as info.

Woai can not cause this. It just adds the aircraft and trafficplans. So it only affects the aircraft you see around you. (and their textures).

Why the message about scenery...

You may have noticed that the trafficplans are .bgl files. Just like addon airports. (Those are also .bgl files).

A trafficplan is scenery to fsx. It shows an aircraft in a location a certain time of day, every week. Or even 'every day at 11:15h at kjfk'.

The traffic does not fly random. It follows the schedual.

So, when you add traffic, and then start fsx it sees the new 'moving scenery' (that's what i call it), loads it, and reports 'adding new scenery'.

Same when you remove a traffic plan again.

il88pp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived