?? Ability to Pan Around Air Craft in Linear Spot View

n50482

I have been flying both X-Plane and FSX for a good while. One thing I like in FSX is it's fluid motion of the aircraft in the exterior views. When panning or during a still view of the aircraft the camera is not nailed to the plane, such as in X-Plane. You get more of a sense that the aircraft is passing through a fluid, rather than riding a rail.

Possibly it has already been discussed, but I can't find anything... Would it be possible in X-Plane to create a view similar to the Linear Spot View that could pan around the aircraft? A view similar to the other standard views but with the motion dynamics of the Linear Spot...

Later

Bob C.

• 1 month later...
Dont believe the hat switch will work in external view panning. Least not they I have found. I use the Arrow keys and , /. ti zoom.

CPU: I7 4790K @ 4.5 ghz, GPU and CPU water cooled

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970

MEM: Gskill Rippjaw 1866 17900

MB: Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z97X

• 3 weeks later...
I also have a problem with the pan thing. I like to see some of the cowling to be visible, but when I do a 90 deg. left or right and come back to the 3D cockpit command view I no longer have the cowling visible. any thoughts on that?

• 9 months later...

The way 'views' are set up in X-Plane is a nightmare.

By this stage (10.41) I hoped the developers would have sorted out this important aspect. Why can they not provide a linear spot view? Personally I would trade all their gimicky camera options for a panning linear spot view centred on the aircraft.

I keep asking myself why I bother with X-Plane. I'll post again if I come up with an answer.

http://ivao.websafe.dk/img/promo/promo_sm.jpghttp://status.ivao.aero/R/317780.png

John

Archived