What's available in a combat sim that can make use of FSX accessories?

Goatman24

Howdy, I've started using MSCFS3 and am a little frustrated in that it won't recognize several of my accessories I use with FSX. One main thing I would like to use is my custom buttons and switches which are assigned to different keyboard buttons.

Is there a combat WWII sim out there that will accept such an animal.

I'm using a 2125 unit from Desktop Aviator to assign my keyboard buttons to and it's fantastic for FSX but CFS3 won't recognize it.

Thanks

I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

• 2 years later...
I have built a detailed F6F simulator and planned on using 4 DTA boards for switches and functions. I am using MSFS combat flt sim 2 Pacific and found it would only recognize one DTA board (opted for the one with analog rotary output as I built my own custom F6 control column). All 4 boards are seen and can be calibrated in Windows settings but Pacific only allows pedals, throttle quad and one DTA board in it's settings screen. I went and read the "read me" file in Pacific and it clearly states it will recognize one control column (All DTA boards are seen as a control column/stick.) I wish I could find someone that can get into the code and remove this limitation. FSX sees all 4 boards but it does not offer combat simulation I've yet to find a way to create/import combat scenarios into FSX

I've got a feeling we could be seeing a lot of things coming to fruition within the next few years. The potential just for FSX to be improved upon is immense.

I've got the MSFS combat 2 Pacific as well.

I was born on the North Coast, where they coined the phrase that they still call Rock-n-Roll! Asus Maximus VII mb, Wind7 64-240 GB SSD-8GB RAM-IntelCore i7-4790k Haswell Quad Core 4 ghz-GTX 1060-TH2G-2-Saitek Yokes, -2-CH pedals-GFTQ6 throt, 49" Samsung Monitor.

Archived