Virtual Cockpits, virtual flight yokes causing problems

alexzar14

Guys, what do I do when a yoke is blocking my view of the instruments?

Even worst, on some GA it blocks the access to light switches, there is no way to turn some of these on/off, unless accessed via a 2D panel.

I assume there is no way to remove a yoke from VC, how do you deal with this issue?

Guys, what do I do when a yoke is blocking my view of the instruments?

Even worst, on some GA it blocks the access to light switches, there is no way to turn some of these on/off, unless accessed via a 2D panel.

I assume there is no way to remove a yoke from VC, how do you deal with this issue?

Some planes have click spots on the yokes to make them move, others don't. Some planes have tiles to see different spots on the panes. There is usually one or the other.

Try shift 1 - 9.

You could also cheat a bit when you start your flight, you can go to the 2D cockpit and click the ICON that eliminates the yoke or if you have auto pilot in that aircraft, turn it on for a few seconds so you can move the yoke to access the switches.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Depending on how bad the blockage is, I move my eyepoint R/L/U/D/Pan to see things.

Ctrl+Shift+Backspace moves it Left, Ctrl+Shift+Enter moves it Right.

Shift+Backspace moves it Down, Shift+Enter moves it Up.

Shift+ an Arrow Key Pans in the direction of the arrow...Don

HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW

16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)

WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)

Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

In addition to the above comments, if you had TrackIR, you could often just lean forward to look behind the yoke (not as easy in some aircraft, though).

I'm getting the TrackIR 5, I would like to know a difference however between two packages, one at $140 and the other one at $170 with "TrackClip Pro".

What is a TrackClip Pro? Do I need it?

Thanks.

Will order a basic package.

Another thing about VCs is lighting, it gets too dark when opposite to sun beams.

Otherwise I love it, I never flew in VCs in FS9 because those were too generic, FSX on the other hand has so much to expend on, many things have been done and many yet to be developed, just need a good PC to run it.

Archived