Realtime Weather problems

frank727

Lately I'm been having problems with Real-time weather updates on FS2004. The weather seems to be stuck on the same setting for the past 2 months. It's now late fall and the weather should be colder. Is there anything wrong with the FS2004?

The real-time weather for both FSX and FS2004 has not been updating for several many months now. If you require the latest weather, then it's time to move on to a 3rd party weather program.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I believe there is a problem with the links the default weather uses (the sim is ten years old). Try Active Sky or REX for real world weather, though both are payware. (I prefer the former, it seems more accurate and has much shorter loading times ...though REX does have some nice textures.)

Because I run FS9 on a dedicated PC which I deliberately don't have connected to the Internet I cannot, of course, use real weather. However, that doesn't concern me at all. I get the departure and arrival weather from an aviation weather website and manually plug that into the sim. As I only fly sectors which last about an hour to an hour and a half I find this is quite acceptable. How often or how much is real weather going to change on such flights?

So unless you are operating flights over long distances I would ask if you really do need online weather?

Dijvid

Archived