Out of Control Slew

planefreak14

Hi all,

I have recently uncovered a large issue with FSX; whenever I enter slew mode, the aircraft immediately moves at over 53,000 knots in a random direction! I have no idea what the problem is! It stops when I move my joystick, but by that point my aircraft is hundreds of miles away from its starting position. I have tried testing the calibration of my joystick, rudder pedals, and throttle quadrant, but to no avail. Please help; I use slew all the time, and not having it is severely affecting my flightsimming experience.

Thanks for your help, and blue skies!

Noah

You can adjust your controller to perform slew actions via the same section that you use to adjust what your controller is doing for normal flight.

settings.jpg

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

Try this: pause the sim before entering slew mode. Press Y to enter slew mode. Move the controller, then unpause.

You can also hit the keypad `5` (with numlock OFF) and that will centralise all inputs.

However the reason your sim is doing it is because you don't have sufficient null zone calibration in your controllers. Fix that, and the problem goes away without any tweaks or tricks.

I know this happens because I use a GoFlgiht Yoke and just simply haven't binned the correct slew keys. Follow N2056's directions

Best Regards- Tyler

Real World Teenage Pilot- Training in 2006 C172SP G1000 & 2011 Carbon Cub

Intel i7 3770K 4.5 GHz; 8gb DDR3 1600; MSI GTX760 OC Edition; Windows 7 64-bit

OR - Since slew movement only comes from keyboard or yoke/joystick, disable joystick/yoke [enable/disable] with CTRL+K (default) before going into slew then use keyboard commands.

When I'm making scenery I also enlarge the joystick null zone temporarily...

Other notes: SLEW is much faster in TOP-DOWN view than in chase/inside views

When I need fine slew control I also drop the sim rate to 1/4; the opposite is probably also valid: to go lots faster INCREASE sim rate to 4X oe 8X

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

When you first load your 'default' flight (which should be the C-172) move (any direction) your joystick and quickly hit 'F1' (throttle cut). Now you can slew.

For the sensitivity / null zone calibration (which in this case involves the THROTTLE and it's null) make the sens=95% and the null=5%. That should do it.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

OR - Since slew movement only comes from keyboard or yoke/joystick, disable joystick/yoke [enable/disable] with CTRL+K (default) before going into slew then use keyboard commands.

When I'm making scenery I also enlarge the joystick null zone temporarily...

Other notes: SLEW is much faster in TOP-DOWN view than in chase/inside views

When I need fine slew control I also drop the sim rate to 1/4; the opposite is probably also valid: to go lots faster INCREASE sim rate to 4X oe 8X

Loyd

Your slew rate is also dependant on your zoom level. When I want to do fine movements, I zoom all the way in; more coarse movements, zoom out some.

http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

Archived