Help with xml

jmfabio

Hi all,

Forgive me if this has been addressed before but I have searched the forums over the past 2 days and came up with nothing to help with my particular problem. I am trying to make xml files for gauges to show on my Saitek flight instrument gauges.

I am using xml files from CAB file gauges. I have changed their formatting to follow the formatting of the gauges that came with the FIP while retaining the elements particular to the gauge from the CAB file. I edit in notepad but when I SAVE AS XXXX.xml to the desktop the file saves, however when I double click on it there is NOTHING! However when I open the saved XXXXX.xml in notepad, the text is there.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? It has been awhile since I have done this and it is probably a format error but I don't know. Is there a tutorial somewhere that shows how to make gauges for Saitek FIPs. I can't find one.

Thanks,

Joe

When you doubleclick the XML file, it probably opens with your browser by default.

Now, for some format errors in the text, the browser just displays nothing.

If you can't find the error in the XML formatting, try an edittor like NotepadPlus.

Rob

Archived