Problem - JUST FLIGHT 737 PILOT IN COMMAND, and JUST FLIGHT PILOT IN COMM EVOLUTION

roytc

Brief resume. I am a long retired Airline Captain, now in my early 80s. I still like to set up the FMS, and fly SIDs/ STARs, and complete Autolands, and generally operate in automatic mode the way we did for real in the 80s.

I have happily been using FS 2OO4, although I do have FSX installed as well. but I tend to prefer the Photographic Scenery in 2004.

I have been using JUST FLIGHT Pilot in Command happily for several years, but recently flight sim colleagues have persuaded me to change to FSX.

The problem started when I installed my existing 737 PIC into FSX (it is compatible) The result was that the aircraft was a featureless

WHITEOUT. JUSTFLIGHT told me to uninstall it and then reinstall, which I did 3 times, with the same results.

I then decided to purchase the newer JUST FLIGHT PILOT IN COMMAND (EVOLUTION)

This installed normally, but when I started to programme a flight, I found that the EFIS panel (POP UP PANELS) was not selectable.

Definitely a NO GO item in reality !!

Once again, JUST FLIGHT told me to uninstall, an the reinstall, which I did 3 times, with no improvement.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions please. I was also wondering if there was another 737 available (preferably a 300) that would satisfy my requirements.

Many thanks roytc.

The very best 737's for FS/FSX are the iFly or PMDG 737NG's - 600 and up. One dev group is doing the classic series but there is no release date in sight. The FS2004 version of the PIC is not directly compatible with FSX; there are specific versions for that sim.

DJ

They may well have modified the installer to handle both versions - I got mine from Wilco a long time ago and there are two different versions listed there. The iFly and PMDG versions of the NG are both much better reproductions of the later aircraft and have much greater fidelity to reality.

DJ

Archived