Dafault FS9 GPS 500 no longer working

airfrance

Hey guys,

My title is pretty straight forward. I'm an FMC guy myself and use a payware FMC add-on for most of my aircraft BUT I still like having the option of using the GPS if needed. A while ago I noticed that the default GPS 500 is no longer working. When the command is selected for it, either a black box will appear or nothing at all. You will see a flicker of the cursor and then nothing comes up. I've checked all paths and assignments and everything is correct. I have also tried adding the original "fs9gps.CAB" file back into my install, which is found on Disk 2 of the install disks. Unfortunately, (or fortunately) that file was not missing so adding it back from the install disk did not fix anything. Anyone have any ideas as to what the issue might be? I don't see "gps500.gau" but that is also missing from the original install disk. Thanks in advance for the help!

-Nick. W

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dell XPS 8500 Intel i7 Quad Core Processor 3.50Ghz, 24GB ram, GeForce GTX 660ti 1.5GB GDDR5, 2TB hard drive, 24 inch LCD monitor, FSX Gold. :D

The default gps gauges are contained in the .cab file so there is no loose gps gauge. If the .cab file is in the gauge folder, I would check the panel.cfg files to see if they are calling it correctly - gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500 - and that the coordinates haven't made it too small to see or placed it off screen.

The default gps gauges are contained in the .cab file so there is no loose gps gauge. If the .cab file is in the gauge folder, I would check the panel.cfg files to see if they are calling it correctly - gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500 - and that the coordinates haven't made it too small to see or placed it off screen.

The entire cab folder is in there. It doesn't even work on the default aircraft so I doubt it has something to do with the panel.cfg. I'm just stumped everything appears to be exactly where it belongs yet it just doesn't work. I'll double check with path and see if it's named incorrectly.

-Nick. W

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dell XPS 8500 Intel i7 Quad Core Processor 3.50Ghz, 24GB ram, GeForce GTX 660ti 1.5GB GDDR5, 2TB hard drive, 24 inch LCD monitor, FSX Gold. :D

Archived