Scenery.CFG file error..I don't know which scenery is in error.

gdr1944

When you see the message, right down the Area#.

After you shut down FSX, navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX and open the Scenery.cfg with Notepad.

Find (Ctrl+F) [Area.nnn] where nnn= the number from the message.

Note the Title= line from that entry.

Change Active=TRUE to Active=FALSE. This will stop the message.

Start FSX and go to the Scenery Library. Find the entry that matches the Title= line.

If this is an addon you have gotten rid of, delete that entry from the Scenery Library.

Optional- delete the SceneryConfigEditor and do all of your scenery management in the Scenery Library. It works just fine.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• 1 year later...
Hello all. I am adding to this older thread because my problem is much the same. I am new to simming, (weeks, in fact.) and I am getting 'Scenery.CFG file error' after rather ineptly attempting to add files as addons. So I don't do any further damage, will the programme still run as it should if I just ignore the file error message, or will I find a problem somewhere down the line. Thanks
Hold my beer and watch this...

Hello all. I am adding to this older thread because my problem is much the same. I am new to simming, (weeks, in fact.) and I am getting 'Scenery.CFG file error' after rather inemptly attempting to add files as addons. So I don't do any further damage, will the programme still run as it should if I just ignore the file error message, or will I find a problem somewhere down the line. Thanks

"Scenery.CFG" file error messages will appear if you have deleted a scenery file installed before deleting it from the Scenery Library. The Sim is still looking for that missing scenery file.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The Bean answered ths perfectly.

1) Make note of the area number displayed during the error message. If necessary, make note of the path to the file that is displayed also. Completely close FSX.

2) Open the Scenery.cfg file with notepad. it is in the same place as the FSX.CFG file. C:\Users\Pat\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX as an example. Yours, naturally, will be unique to your machine, but similar. Use "Find" to locate the area number noted in step 1 above. Such as [Area=345], for example. Change the ACTIVE= line in that particular area to FALSE. Save the Scenery.cfg file and close it.

3) Open FSX. Go to the Scenery Library. It's under the Settings heading. Locate the name of the area in question. It may or may not be in your Add-On Scenery folder, or someplace else. That's why I mentioned the need to make note of it's path. Left-click to highlight it, then click the Delete Area button. Click OK

4) Close the Scenery Library, in other words, Click OK until you are back in the Main Settings window. It will rebuild it's databases when you do. Close FSX.

When next you open FSX, the error should be gone.

Does this help any?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived