Morse code beeping sound

BryanButler

Hello fellow simmers. Quick Q: When I'm coming in for a ILS landing on the FSX default Boeing 737-800, how can I mute that morse code from beeping? (because I record my landings on Fraps and that beeping sound can be a little annoying) Thanks! :pilot:

That's the vor or ndb ident...bring up the radio stack and turn off the DME and ADF buttons.

1000 fps at default settings!

Almost all radio stacks of any kind have an Audio control, wherewith you can tell it you want to hear Com1, COM2, ADF, NAV1 or NAV2. Some are also what you transmit on, COM1, or both, etc. Make sure the only active channel is your COM1. Sounds to me like your NAV1 is active also. The way it beeps can tell you when you pass over the outer, middle, and inner markers, NAV2 if set to the VOR can tell you what airport you're approaching...LOTS of info are available off the NAV and ADF radios. But yes, they CAN be annoying, so just turn them on and off as desired. YOURS is on...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

The saying goes "A picture is worth a thousand words"

Mr. Zip "said" it a lot better than I :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 5 years later...
There must be a way to lower or mute the sound without having to turn these buttons off. And I'm not talking about lowering all cockpit sounds the "Cockpit" slider in the Sounds section. I mean lowering that specific morse code sound maybe in a .cfg file or wherever the morse code sound .wav(i guess it's a .wav somewhere) is kept. Somebody for sure must know...

There must be a way to lower or mute the sound without having to turn these buttons off. And I'm not talking about lowering all cockpit sounds the "Cockpit" slider in the Sounds section. I mean lowering that specific morse code sound maybe in a .cfg file or wherever the morse code sound .wav(i guess it's a .wav somewhere) is kept. Somebody for sure must know...

Why would you want to keep listening to it? I always turn it off after the first time it beeps. It's just informing you that you are now in range of the ILS....26-28 miles out. It's not going to change unless you fly yourself way off course. Assuming this all has to do with the NAV1 audio. Why listen to ADF or DME audio?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

As far as I can tell, the morse sound is contained within the BoeingGeneric.dll gauge in the main Gauges folder and can't be adjusted independently.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It's just informing you that you are now in range of the ILS

It is (real world very important) also identifying WHICH station you are tuned to, and it may be ILS, but it also could be VOR, etc. with code IDs, as well.

Why listen to ADF or DME audio?

Same reason as VOR or ILS, identify the station. Also, (real world) there may be weather or other voice broadcast(s) associated with some of the stations, perhaps on the half hour, or...

Even in the sim, it's still good to check the code against what you think you're tuned to. Usually it won't be a problem, but...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!