Thread: WOAI Manual Installation Help

1. Unhappy WOAI Manual Installation Help

Since my WOAI wouldn't run on my FS computer, I decided to do a manual installation on a separate non-FS computer. So I did the installation and I was grouping together all the aircraft folders and I saw that I have around 1,000 duplicates of .air files and aircraft.cfg files and its such a mess. Is there any way to fix this without having all the hassle? Did I do this wrong? Please help. Thanks.

lost between how it is and how it ought to be

It might be easier at this point to dump the lot and start over.

On the non-FS computer build a fake FS folder structure.

You do not need the whole thing, just...

FS9\Aircraft

FS9\Scenery\World\scenery

FS9\Texture

FS9\Effects

FS9\Effects\texture

Now point the installer to the dummy folder and do not do a manual install.

When done, copy to your FS PC.

As you can see, the maual install route leaves you with a bunch of work to do that the installer handles for you. Too bad you cannot get the installer to work.

peace,
    the Bean
    WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.
    They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

3. Default

Ohhhhhh, there's my issue. Before I was trying to make a fake folder structure with only the aircraft and scenery\world\scenery folders. Thanks!

Hi...when i open woai it does not detect my fsx se...any suggestions on how can i solve this problem or if i install it manually, what should be the output directory? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwatso View Post
    Hi...when i open woai it does not detect my fsx se...any suggestions on how can i solve this problem or if i install it manually, what should be the output directory? thanks!
    Hi,

First, welcome to the forums.....

Second, note that this is an old thread and is actually part of the FS2004 main forum. You would have been better starting a new thread (or searching in the FSX related main forum - if you click on the Forum button at the top the page under the main banner you will get a list of all of the active Forums). Unfortunately, as I have learnt from experience, there are some within the FS2004 User community that don't like us FSX users invading their patch, whether it is by accident or when providing advice (despite many FSX users being former FS2004, and earlier versions, users)

Third, to actually answer your Q - you need to manually point the installer to the location of the FSX.exe file located within the main FSX folder. Use the button with the 3 dots to open up a standard windows navigation window and drill down until you have located the .exe file, highlight it and then click Ok. This will set the path correctly.
    Last edited by longbreak754; 11-20-2017 at 09:38 AM.
    Regards

Brian