Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Terrain Flattening Program for FS2004?

Sorry I did not develop SBuilder - that was Luis Sa who is no longer active in the community If you mean ADE then yes you can create land class. https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive....-to-an-airport

Oh I thought SB was yours?

I dont have ANY of those options in my ADE

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADE.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	217665
    Last edited by Tendet; 04-08-2020 at 02:04 PM.
    Vintage Avgas Head - "Dancing The Skies"......

You are correct, my bad. ADE does not create land class for FS2004, but for FSX and later

I understood you were asking about a flatten for Fs2004. The image shows just that. The area of the flatten is what you draw, the altitude it flattens to is set by the value you put in the Alt box

Quote Originally Posted by Tendet View Post
    after a lay off of over 8 years I am getting back into scenery/ airport designs. However I cannot remember the program I used to have to flatten areas and remove trees?
    Coming back to your intial question, it could be either FSFlatten or FlatEx for flattening and ExcBuilder for removing trees or buildings. But I made the experience that in some cases the later one doesn't work. Then I use the excluding applications of Airport Facilitor X or Instant Scenery. At least one of these allows an almost "chirurgical" removing of default objects.

Bernard

Question

Quote Originally Posted by scruffyduck View Post
    You are correct, my bad. ADE does not create land class for FS2004, but for FSX and later

I understood you were asking about a flatten for Fs2004. The image shows just that. The area of the flatten is what you draw, the altitude it flattens to is set by the value you put in the Alt box
    sorry Jon wrong words

I need a LANDCLASS editor as I have successfully flattened my airfield but from the air its a housing estate

I have checked Google earth and placing the airfield on it's correct geo location coordinates, MS have moved the New Forest WEST by several miles.
    I would just like to make it on an 'airfield terrain' i.e. grassland or similar please. I have done this 6 years ago with success but cannot remember what I used to creat land polys?
    I did download the FS2004 Terrain SDK pack last night, which I have read might help but not tried this yet.

Many thanks to all.
    Vintage Avgas Head - "Dancing The Skies"......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4