Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does P3D mess with FSX??

Unhappy Does P3D mess with FSX??

I'm up and running with P3D and have included some Orbx stuff successfully. However, at least till I'm totally on top with P3D I still like to use FSX as well.

The three times I've started to use FSX since I installed P3D when I add new views they look fine on my center screen. But when I undock them and slide them to the side screens as I always do as soon as over half of the view crosses the boundary the view goes black. I can slide it back to the center and as soon as over 50% is in the center it comes back pretty as you please. Then I slide it over same thing happens again. This happens on both side screens & it doesn't make any difference which one I move first. Any ideas??
    Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

BTW: This is with the 7800 GPU. I haven't put P3D on the computer with the 5800 GPU.

Hi Rupert,

As someone that has FSX, P3d 1.4, and P3d 2.2 all installed on the same system at the same time, I do not have this issue. Maybe there is some other underlying cause. All of the installs have separate cfg files and settings and do not talk to each other.

This post doesnt help you with fixing that issue, but I wanted to put this out there.
    AMD FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz water cooled - 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz - 2 Geforce 480's 1.5GB each (non-sli) 2Seat SimPit - 8 Monitors - Saitek Gear - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEOqGqc9VWs

Thanks Pyro,

That's a start. As I said, it makes no sense to me.

What happens if you try this in full screen mode without undocking and just dragging the view over. See this youtube vid I made on that, you can start it at about 3:30 minutes in. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhjTMVGmzPg

I am curious if you get the same issue this way or not.

Let me know
    AMD FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz water cooled - 8GB DDR3 1866Mhz - 2 Geforce 480's 1.5GB each (non-sli) 2Seat SimPit - 8 Monitors - Saitek Gear - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEOqGqc9VWs

Quote Originally Posted by pyroman6x9x9 View Post
    What happens if you try this in full screen mode without undocking and just dragging the view over. See this youtube vid I made on that, you can start it at about 3:30 minutes in. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhjTMVGmzPg

I am curious if you get the same issue this way or not.

Let me know
    Wow I can't tell you too much. Though I will say your cockpit is truly impressive! I tried your way of moving to other monitors and it worked fine. But I've also tried three different times and the un-dock and slide procedure I've used till now works perfectly too! I have no idea what the issue was.

Oh one other little detail, just to muddy the water. Yesterday when I used my default flight at the local airport it worked fine. But anytime I wanted to start a flight from another airport or in another plane, the un-docked screen view would go black as I've described???

Thanks for the compliment on my setup, its been 2 years in the making and still not done (are we ever be done?? LOL)

Sounds like you have a gremlin under the hood. If i was in your position the next thing I would try is creating and saving a new default flight and re-testing to see if it behaves any differently just to rule out the existing default flight as the culprit.

Good Luck

Good advice! That's exactly what I'm in the process of doing.

One other issue: When I try to enter a flight plan either VFR or IFR into the P3D system, it locks up and shuts down my simulator all together! Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    Good advice! That's exactly what I'm in the process of doing.

One other issue: When I try to enter a flight plan either VFR or IFR into the P3D system, it locks up and shuts down my simulator all together! Suggestions?
    Applied 2.2 Hotfix?
    http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?min...ewtopic&t=6453

Thanks for your response!

I just went and got the download. It seems to work great so far!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast