Thread: EditVoicepack X problem

1. Default EditVoicepack X problem

Hi I am having a problem when trying to load the EditVoicepack on FSX I keep getting an error message saying:
    EditVoicepack X has stopped working, this happens when I double click on it to open it up.
    I've tried repairing it so many times and uninstalling it and reinstalling it, I have the Microsoft .NET framework 4.5.1 installed.

Can anyone help me please?

Did you also install FSUIPC? http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

4. Default

I have but I haven't registered for it yet as it said I didn't have to yet; but it says it went into Flight Simulator X ok.

Angry EditVoicePack X ; Updating voicepack always fails.

I Also have EditVoicePack X and I can use it seamlessly until when I need to update the voicepack.

When I want to update the voicepack with the new callsign, it always fails. It says :

Updating the voicepack failed.
    Index was out of range. Must Be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name = Index

Here's the code if you want to know more :

Updating the voicepack failed
    at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.ThirdPartyInstaller.Installer.UpdateVoicepackSynchronous() in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel\ThirdPartyInstaller\Installer.cs:line 94
    at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.UpdateProcess.HiddenForm.WorkerThread(Object state) in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\UpdateProcess\HiddenForm.cs:line 133

Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
    at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.DataModel.Gvp.GvpUpdater.PerformModification() in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel\Gvp\GvpUpdater.cs:line 267
    at Bevelstone.EditVoicepack.ThirdPartyInstaller.Installer.ThreadFunction() in D:\Documents\Bevelstone\Flight Simulator\EditVoicepack\DataModel\ThirdPartyInstaller\Installer.cs:line 180.

By the way I also have my UAC Activated.

May you please help me on this ? I've searched every corners of the web but to no avail.
    I'll appreciate any suggestions or help.

Regards,
    Wan Tjhen

(I also hope if this thread is still active so that there will be someone checking this post)

Last edited by Wan Tjhen; 11-25-2014 at 04:24 AM.

If your FSX is on C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
    then you must UAC switching off.
    VoicePack must write to C:Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\ATC

Maybe this help,Jan.
    EHAM base RWY 06
    Some airplanes : http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Intel i7-4771 3.90 Ghz - Asus Z87-A - Asus GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 - Memory 8 GB - Windows 7 64 - Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120 GB / 250GB - Samsung HD 1TB / 160 GB

Quote Originally Posted by F70 View Post
    If your FSX is on C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
    then you must UAC switching off.
    VoicePack must write to C:Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\ATC

Maybe this help,Jan.
    Just downloaded the program and made the path as written above, the program still stops working when opened.
    Don't know what else can be done to get this program working, MIAW works best with the VMODS attached.