Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CTD after selecting the DF727

Default CTD after selecting the DF727

Hi all.. can someone please help? I love the 727 and I'd hate to lose it. I have just installed the DF727 on my new computer running Windows 7 64 bit. I have the config manager and T-O-M running ok. But when I select the 727 FS9 crashes to the desktop. There is no error message or anything. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Art

When you reinstalled did you download it again from Flight1? If not I suggest you do that. The 727 works very well in win7 64 bit

I have the CD version that I purchased a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jaforsha View Post
    I have the CD version that I purchased a few years ago.
    OK...
    where do you have FS9 installed on your computer ?
    FS9.1 update ?
    Are you able to change payload settings with the config manager ?

FS9 is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9. I do have the update. I'm able to change payload settings in the config manager.

It is not recommended to have your FS9 installed there due to windows security measures. Best to install it in its own folder... eg C:\FS9

But before doing a complete re-install, try turning UAC off completely in windows. Start FS9 and load the default cessna, then change planes to the 727.

You can also check that the aircraft.cfg entries for the 727 you are selecting look correct and that it has a texture folder with the correct files.

UAC was turned off completely. The 727 has worked before and I have no problems with any other files in FS9 with it in the directory it's currently located in. After I had to reinstall Windows 7 again I reinstalled the 727 and now it doesn't work. I'm wondering what file may be missing or misplaced that would cause this. Also, to relocate FS9 to the C:\ would be an extreme hassle as I have quite a bit of software loaded for it when there has not been (other than this) a single issue. There has to be another fix.

I dont know what to advise further. With UAC off the sim should run fine even in the C:\ program files (x86) folder...you may have problems with programs that edit .cfg files but that is for another discussion.

As a test you could try using the config manager to change weight and then go to the aircraft.cfg file to see if it is working ? You are loading the 727 after the default cessna, as that could also create issues ?

Yes thanks. I'm loading it after the default Cessna. Where in the config file do I look to see if the config manager is making the changes you mentioned?
    Last edited by jaforsha; 02-05-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaforsha View Post
    Yes thanks. I'm loading it after the default Cessna. Where in the config file do I look to see if the config manager is making the changes you mentioned?
    FS9 is closed. Start the config manager and select say the 727-100 pax. Set to empty load and save. Then look in the FS9\aircraft folder for Flight1 727-100. Open the aircraft.cfg file with notepad and look for the entries "station_load.6=0" etc. All the station load entries should start =0 (except the crew weights).

Close the aircraft.cfg file and now set the config manager to full load and save. Look again at the aircraft.cfg and all the stations should now start =160.

If the above is ok this shows that the config manager is working fine and is able to change your aircraft weights.

If you can post a screenshot of the following folders : Flight1 727; Fliight1 727-100; and one of the texture. folders that might give further clues.
    Last edited by pschlute; 02-06-2014 at 05:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast