Thread: FSX installation problem

Wtaf Guest

Default FSX installation problem

Hi! I have a problem with installing FSX. I bought a new computer and have to install it again. At first there was no problem with installation, but FSX had a lot of issues itself, almost no addons worked correctly and I could not complete registration. So I installed it again, but with problems with Install Shield, but finally made it. Again, I could not complete registration and FSX was loading very slow, too slow in my opinion. Previous was a lot better. I am now installing it again. Unfortunately, another problem appeared. On the beginning of installation a message pops out: You can not upgrade between the Standard and Deluxe versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator X. Uninstall your current version of Flight Simulator X and then restart this install. Clear message, but no FSX files are on my PC. Can anyone help? OS is Windows 8.1.

Did you make sure that FSX was completely uninstalled? If you go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and find Flight Simulator X, before installing, ensure that it's completely out of your system.

Default Clean Out FSX Completely

Quote Originally Posted by DukeAaron View Post
    Did you make sure that FSX was completely uninstalled? If you go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features and find Flight Simulator X, before installing, ensure that it's completely out of your system.
    When you uninstall a program from the Control Panel Programs and settings, very often the uninstaller leaves "tracks" or bits and pieces of that program in the System Registry. You may need to use a registry cleaner to get rid of them or use the windows7,8,10 registry editor utility and manually search for and remove these entries.
    to run the registry editor type regedit in the windows search baron the taskbar. this will display the executable file. just double click the regedit.exe file.
    select the menu option View then Find. In the window type Flight Simulator X, hit enter to begin the search. when an entry is found, search halts. hit delete then comfirm. tap F3 to continue serch. repeat for all entries.
    Last edited by hecrowell; 02-16-2020 at 12:13 PM.

4. Default

You're not installing to the programs folder, are you? If so, don't do that. Instead, install to the root of C drive only. It would be like this C:\FSX

The FSX folder under C drive is where you should install to. Create the FSX folder in C drive first then install to that folder in C drive.

It may help to right click the installer icon and run it as Admin.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

After more than 6 years, I suspect the OP has either solved the problem or given up!

Quote Originally Posted by TightGit View Post
    After more than 6 years, I suspect the OP has either solved the problem or given up!
    +1
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

I think it's strange that these ancient posts keep turning up. It's akin to someone discovering dinosaur bones every once in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by UPHILL3 View Post
    I think it's strange that these ancient posts keep turning up. It's akin to someone discovering dinosaur bones every once in a while...
    I assume it's because someone sees the "Similar Threads" box below and tries to help without realising the date.

As I type this, there are similar threads from 2002 to 2007!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TightGit View Post
    All for God sakes. I never even saw the date and assumed since Duke made a post it was new.
    My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    All for God sakes. I never even saw the date and assumed since Duke made a post it was new.
    Don't berate yourself, you obviously answered with the best of intentions and lots of us are grateful for your advice, so willingly given.