Thread: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro will not work with Flight Simulator 2000 in Windows 8

1. Question Logitech Extreme 3D Pro will not work with Flight Simulator 2000 in Windows 8

I've been using my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick with Flight Simulator 2000 for many years on a Windows XP computer. I'm now setting up a new Windows 8 system and trying to reload my old programs.

I loaded Flight Simulator onto the Windows 8 computer. I downloaded the latest Logitech Profiler and successfully ran the calibration test for the joystick. After opening Flight Simulator 2000, I selected Options/Controls/Calibrate Joystick from the menu. In the Settings tab, the joystick calibrated properly but in the Test tab, the Slider/Throttle did not register. When I try to take off, the throttle will not work nor will the joystick lift off, land or bank the plane. If I assign a specific key on the joystick to the Full Throttle event through the Assignment function from the Options menu, it will work. If I use the Keyboard, it will work. What could be causing the joystick defaults not to be recognized?

I'm sure FS2000 only assigns default keys to joysticks that came out before it was released. Newer ones may need to be manually assigned. To fix the throttle issue, try to assign its axis.