Thread: Reinstall of FSX, SP1, & SP2 in Windows 7 after harddrive crash: Problems

Default Reinstall of FSX, SP1, & SP2 in Windows 7 after harddrive crash: Problems

After a recent harddrive failure, I bought a new drive and installed Windows 7 Professional. I also installed FSX Deluxe along with SP1 & 2. Upon startup, FSX will not save configuration data (though the file appears to save and is on the drive it can't be reloaded) and after starting FSX if I try to change aircrafts, I am shown a box which says "100% Loaded" after which I get a fatal crash and a FSX restarting message. I have installed microsofts DirectX runtime (running a native directX 11 on my system).

In summary: FSX saves no configuration data from one session to next; will either not save or not read the configuration file with my custom settings; will not allow aircraft changes after game begins.

I am running no addons at this point.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

System ran fine before this installation. Used it virtually every day with native and 3rd party addons without ever experiencing a problem. Most frustrating.

Eduard

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Yaderp View Post
    After a recent harddrive failure, I bought a new drive and installed Windows 7 Professional. I also installed FSX Deluxe along with SP1 & 2. Upon startup, FSX will not save configuration data (though the file appears to save and is on the drive it can't be reloaded) and after starting FSX if I try to change aircrafts, I am shown a box which says "100% Loaded" after which I get a fatal crash and a FSX restarting message. I have installed microsofts DirectX runtime (running a native directX 11 on my system).

In summary: FSX saves no configuration data from one session to next; will either not save or not read the configuration file with my custom settings; will not allow aircraft changes after game begins.

I am running no addons at this point.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

System ran fine before this installation. Used it virtually every day with native and 3rd party addons without ever experiencing a problem. Most frustrating.

Eduard
    Did you install FSX in the default location or did you specify one outside of the area protected by UAC?

I installed it both in the c:\program Files (x86) (suggested) Location and then uninstalled and installed onto a second internal drive that has nothing else on it.