Thread: Df727 in win7 64 bit vid

Default Df727 in win7 64 bit vid

Here is a quick video of the DF 727 in FSX. In my opinion it runs smoother from the virtual cockpit in FSX. I run a dual boot with FS9 in Win xp and FSX in win7.

http://youtu.be/ikgReX3t9dY

2. Default

Hi,
    Could you please provide details of how you ported over the aircraft from FS9 to FSX. I run the DF B727 in FS9 in Win 7 x64, but would like to know which files/folders and registry entries one has to copy over to achieve this in FSX in Win7 x64.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by ckovoor; 12-01-2013 at 07:19 PM.

This posts has some info. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...64-bit-and-fsx Basically remember that the DF727 needs to go into Simobject/airplane folder in FSX. It took me three attempts so I'm not exactly sure of the sequence. But I believe that I set up a dummy FS9 folder in FSX and directed the install there. Then copied and pasted the folders in their respective places except the Aircraft folder. I opened that and copied all Flight 1 727 folders then placed in Simobject/airplane. If you get stuck, search the forum, lots of answers.

4. Default

Hi,
    I have successfully copied the files over into FSX and the aircraft flies in Win 7 x64, however, as you have mentioned in another post, several gauge sounds are not audible. Some of them like the altitude alert are fairly critical. Have you managed to get these to work normally?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by ckovoor; 12-11-2013 at 07:17 PM.

That really brings back memories. The DF727 got me hooked on big jets. Using the charts to fly her by the numbers was great.

Quote Originally Posted by ckovoor View Post
    Hi,
    I have successfully copied the files over into FSX and the aircraft flies in Win 7 x64, however, as you have mentioned in another post, several gauge sounds are not audible. Some of them like the altitude alert are fairly critical. Have you managed to get these to work normally?
    Thanks.
    Not yet. I've tried modifying cfg files, added fssound.dll and some other tweaks I've found on the internet. Nothing seems to work yet.

If anyone cares here's an update. I just bought an SSD and did a clean install with win7 64 bit. Not a big deal because when I transitioned to Win7 a few months ago it was to fly FSX. When I reinstalled FSX following everyones advice I placed it in C:\FlightsimX folder. Then I reinstalled the DF727. Now, that didn't go smoothly. I did the regsvr for some dll files. I amended the FSX.cfg so it would recognize the aircraft folder installed in simobjects. On and on.

So, I uninstalled the DF727 and let it reinstall into FSX via its own aircraft folder (FSX\aircraft). Amended the FSX.cfg and it works. Except for some of the sounds. Still trying to figure that out. It seems all the sounds in the voice folder don't function. I've moved them to sounds, to the DF727 folder. My gut says there is a file missing that ties these together. Any suggestions?