Thread: best processor fsx

Default best processor fsx

i am tired of the slow population on my computer i have a amd 4.0 16 gig ram and nvidia 760 and i still get slow population ..... of course it is a 8 core processor.... what single processor works best for fsx?

One or two hard drives? How fast is/are the drive(s)? Is/are it/they defragged thoroughly? That, plus the tweaking tips posted at the top of the forum might help you without getting a new processor.

Processor-wise, I think opinion is that the Intel i7 is the way to go.

Jorgen

What you have to understand is that FSX won't run on max settings even with a processor overclocked to 5.0 GHz. Maybe, maybe when 6 GHz processors are available we will be able to. For now we have to compromise and enjoy it, but yeah, also what Jorgen said, go for the Ivy Bridge i7.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is a war room!

Intel i5-3230M @3.10 GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz, AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics 2GB DDR3, 640 GB HDD @5400 RPM, Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, FSX+Acceleration

thanks for info .....why I 7 could you explain?...does it use all cores with fsx? have you tried the free space orbiter sim?

The only thing the i7 doesn't use that it has in FSX is hyperthreading, which really isn't needed that much anyway. And Intel instead of AMD, definitely, because Intel processors have been seen to have a bit better stability and are overall better. And yes, I have tried Orbiter, nice space sim, the addon-integration process is a bit tedious though.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is a war room!

Intel i5-3230M @3.10 GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz, AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics 2GB DDR3, 640 GB HDD @5400 RPM, Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, FSX+Acceleration

do you think Microsoft will make their next sim to work with all cores? also has anyone figured out how to make it work with all cores? I don't know a lot about computers .... still learning..... so I guess this sim has a single core setup

Quote Originally Posted by plutonium238 View Post
    do you think Microsoft will make their next sim to work with all cores? also has anyone figured out how to make it work with all cores? I don't know a lot about computers .... still learning..... so I guess this sim has a single core setup
    You have a lot of reading to do! https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showt...-Affinity-Mask
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

dam......it is not going to be easy ....is it,,,,,,thanks boss....another question i have notice these scenery enhancers..add on overlays and also ones that put items in their proper place on maps which one do you like best overall???

Quote Originally Posted by plutonium238 View Post
    dam......it is not going to be easy ....is it,,,,,,thanks boss....another question i have notice these scenery enhancers..add on overlays and also ones that put items in their proper place on maps which one do you like best overall???
    A. Scenery Enhancers

B. Addon Overlays

C. Item Puters

D. Thingamajggers

E. None of the above (This one)
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

As of today, the best CPU for FSX is considered to be the I7 4770K. I was a long time AMD user. The simple truth is this: The Intel I5's and I7's have a pipeline architecture better suited for running single threaded apps like FSX. As has been stated, there is NO CPU out there that can run FSX and payware add ons with maxed out settings at 30+ FPS in every scenario. Shooting an approach into Imaginesim's KATL, ORBX scenery, Traffic 360 (AI sliders maxed) in your PMDG NGX with an REX generated thunderstorm will bring any platform to its knees. Regards
    I7 3770K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus Z77pro, NVIDIA 670FTW, 2 Samsung 840 pro 256 Gb, 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1866 Mhz . Corsair 850W modular