Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: A note to those creating threads regarding FSX crashes

  1. #1

    Exclamation A note to those creating threads regarding FSX crashes

    Hello,

    Many people face this problem, i.e. FSX Crashes. Before you start a thread regarding your problem, make sure you include the following information as its very helpful in detecting the problem. Maybe you can solve it yourself after checking the details.

    Go to Start. Search for Events Logs. Open View event logs. Navigate to Custom Views and then Administrative Events and locate the error by FSX.

    I'll show you an example of the error details :

    Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x04f40000
    Faulting process id: 0xb84
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce5e7b4fec05cd
    Faulting application path: E:\FSX\fsx.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 85f639de-ca93-11e2-afac-00e04c054dc3
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

    I say again, this was an example. Post your error details similar to this.

    Thanks,
    rishabk97
    Last edited by rishabk97; 10-16-2013 at 10:32 AM.

  2. Default

    Correction for Win7

    Start->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer->Custom Views->Administrative Events. Should be able to handle it from there.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rishabk97 View Post
    Hello,

    Many people face this problem, i.e. FSX Crashes. Before you start a thread regarding your problem, make sure you include the following information as its very helpful in detecting the problem. Maybe you can solve it yourself after checking the details.

    Go to Start. Search for Events Logs. Navigate to Custom Views and then Administrative Events and locate the error by FSX.

    I'll show you an example of the error details :

    Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x04f40000
    Faulting process id: 0xb84
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce5e7b4fec05cd
    Faulting application path: E:\FSX\fsx.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 85f639de-ca93-11e2-afac-00e04c054dc3
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

    I say again, this was an example. Post your error details similar to this.

    Thanks,
    rishabk97
    I've never been able to access FSX crash info inside the events log.
    FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE
    if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    17,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lefu View Post
    I've never been able to access FSX crash info inside the events log.
    Yes you can I showed you at least once.
    1. Control panel

    2.Administrative tools

    3.Event Viewer

    4.Double click Application

    5. Double-click the error

    You get this!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.JPG 
Views:	756 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	157223
    Last edited by mrzippy; 10-15-2013 at 07:37 PM.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

    Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Yes you can I showed you at least once.
    1. Control panel

    2.Administrative tools

    3.Event Viewer

    4.Double click Application

    5. Double-click the error

    You get this!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.JPG 
Views:	756 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	157223
    Nope.
    Last time i had the fsx crash. last error crash event was timed to the day before it really crashed. unless internal timer is diferent..and not supposed to.
    I will give it a try and send the image to you.
    FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE
    if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....

  6. #6

    Default

    Here is what i got
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans titre.JPG 
Views:	674 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	157224
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans titre1.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	157225
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans titre2.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	157226
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans titre3.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	157227

    what would be the event name anyways ?
    FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE
    if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....

  7. Default


  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaKim View Post
    Correction for Win7

    Start->Administrative Tools->Event Viewer->Custom Views->Administrative Events. Should be able to handle it from there.
    Thanks for the additional info, I created it with the perspective of Win8

    EDIT : I just checked on Windows 7, Events Viewer can be accessed from the steps I mentioned too...
    Last edited by rishabk97; 10-16-2013 at 10:31 AM.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lefu View Post
    Here is what i got
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans titre.JPG 
Views:	674 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	157224
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans titre1.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	182.8 KB 
ID:	157225
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans titre2.jpg 
Views:	545 
Size:	202.9 KB 
ID:	157226
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sans titre3.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	157227

    what would be the event name anyways ?
    The event name will be "Application Error". Since the language in your screenshot is not English, I guess that you are not at Custom Views but at Windows Logs.
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 8404
Size:  9.3 KB

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    17,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rishabk97 View Post
    The event name will be "Application Error". Since the language in your screenshot is not English, I guess that you are not at Custom Views but at Windows Logs.
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 8404
Size:  9.3 KB
    Sorry boss, no "Custom Views" for Administrative Events in WinXP which is what lefu and I are both running.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

    Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 12:19 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 03:01 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 10:22 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 08:15 AM
  5. A Note To Those Who Feel FS2002 Isn't Real Enough
    By andyjohnston in forum FS2002
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-20-2002, 10:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •