Thread: Running 3 monitors in SLI! w/2 Titans. How do you get more views on more monitors?

Default Running 3 monitors in SLI! w/2 Titans. How do you get more views on more monitors?

As the title says:
    Running 3 monitors in SLI! w/2 Titans. How do you get more views on more monitors?
    I am out of room for another video card unfortunately. Wideview?
    I am trying to add at least one more monitor to show a slightly angled up VC view. Essentially adding to the SLI panoramic view.
    Thanks
    WW

Quote Originally Posted by wwhiteside View Post
    As the title says:
    Running 3 monitors in SLI! w/2 Titans. How do you get more views on more monitors?
    I am out of room for another video card unfortunately. Wideview?
    I am trying to add at least one more monitor to show a slightly angled up VC view. Essentially adding to the SLI panoramic view.
    Thanks
    WW
    You need two different video cards to input more than three monitors. Having two Titans for the purpose of more than 4 monitors is wasted money.

One Titan can drive 4 monitors ( 3 in 2D Surround and the fourth for anything else ) and another card model for support monitors ( i.e. instruments, maps, etc. )

You cannot get a 5-monitor+ setup mega-widescreen system in 2D Surround unless you run with 5+ windowed-mode and having then moving in-sync with the LINK DISPLAY option of FSX.
    FSX System:
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3, Intel 2500K @ 4.4GHz, 16GB G.Skill, Galaxy GTX 670 4GB OC in 2D surround with 3x Dell E228WFP 22-inch, 2x WD 640GB Black HD, Antec twelve Hundred case. External 750GB backup drive.

Thanks
    Is there a detailed set up instruction anywhere on the windowed mode or link display process? Can I just plug 5-6 monitors in and start dragging views into their respective locations? I am unclear on how this works other than creating a new view then undocking it and dragging it. Must be more complex than that I'll bet.
    Last edited by wwhiteside; 09-27-2013 at 10:59 AM.

You need to get into the FSX settings and check for all view commands; inside, there is a VIEW - LINK ALL or something ( sorry I'm not in front of my system ) and just create a keyboard shortcut. THEN, open as many outside views you wish and set them up for viewing position ( left, right, front, etc ), place them in all monitors ( in windowed mode ) and une the keyboard command shortcut you just programmed in the SETTINGS. Move your "HAT-VIEW" and all monitors and views should be in sync. Pressing again the keyboard command shortcut will make only the front view move.

Sorry for the lousy instructions, writing them from memory.

PS By the way DO NOT SLI !!!

Pilotwings

PS Found that on the net:

For those asking about the trouble of view panning, there is an unused command in FSX that permits to pan all windows at the same time. The command is VIEW - Link All ( toggle ) and this is used to activate the all-windows-linked panning. You need to got into the FSX commands and set it up to your liking. Great feature for us not using MATROX or Eyefinity.

I managed to sync up all 5 monitors via:
    FSX Settings/Controls/Buttons/Keys select the Views event category, and close to the bottom of the list look for an entry called View - link all (toggle) where you can assign your keypress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jQjAQehDbc

Latest vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDvmx0hfYok
    Last edited by pilotwings; 10-03-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    FSX System:
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3, Intel 2500K @ 4.4GHz, 16GB G.Skill, Galaxy GTX 670 4GB OC in 2D surround with 3x Dell E228WFP 22-inch, 2x WD 640GB Black HD, Antec twelve Hundred case. External 750GB backup drive.

Ok I get it!

Are framerates less in this mode than SLI?
    Is there a way to line up the views so it flows seamlessly?

Also, does wideview do this the same way or is it a better way to do it?

All I am trying to do is add a monitor overhead that blends in with the Virtual Cockpit to increase vertical FOV.