Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does FSX compatible with Windows 7 ? What about Hardware..

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Default

You have to be very careful with Windows 7 product keys on eBay. I'd read their feedback score.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

As I said earlier, you would indeed be extremely lucky in finding a copy of Win 7 that you can actually use.

Do as CRJ says, read the feedback, and if you can, include a clause in your purchase that if the key is no good then you get your money back.

Jorgen

4. Default

Additionally please be carefull about the CPU you choose, if you want to install Win 7. To the best of my knowledge Intel CPUs from Skylake generation and newer are no longer supported by Win 7 & 8. So this combination might just not work (maybe it still does no personal experience in that matter).

Hope I could help

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor512 View Post
    Additionally please be carefull about the CPU you choose, if you want to install Win 7. To the best of my knowledge Intel CPUs from Skylake generation and newer are no longer supported by Win 7 & 8. So this combination might just not work (maybe it still does no personal experience in that matter).

Hope I could help

Cheers!
    Damnnn, I guess I am late into this. I have FSX Deluxe, the yoke and joysticks and until now decided for it. Isn’t an FSX replacement nowadays?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by namerg View Post
    Damnnn, I guess I am late into this. I have FSX Deluxe, the yoke and joysticks and until now decided for it. Isn’t an FSX replacement nowadays?
    Just checking... You know you can run FSX on Win 10?
    For my part I do that and it works as well as in Win7, I will readily admit there are annoying features in Win 10 (for me the auto-update thing mainly) however you can find workarounds for those with a bit of research and then you have a fast and well working OS.

Apart from that.. you should be able to use your hardware (yoke, joystick) with any Flightsim you want...and there are alternatives...most commonly XPLANE and P3d however I cannot tell you much about either one.

Cheers!

7. Default

Most updates from Microsoft are bloat and will serve to do nothing but fill your hard drive. If it were me, I'd just turn it off via group policy. Read here: https://www.easeus.com/todo-backup-r...ly-update.html

Now read this on stopping some of privacy invasion crap: https://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/14/co...privacy-tools/

You might also want to turn off the built-in keylogger: https://www.pcworld.com/article/2974...l-has-one.html

Personally, if I ever run Winblows 10 in the future I will install a hardware-based firewall and block all of M$'s ASNs and monitor the network for anything else that shouldn't be making remote connections from MY computer. If found I'll block those ASNs as well.

You can do this with PFsense and a thin client. They sell them on eBay if you don't want to mess with the installation, configuration and hardware setup of PFsense. But this is beyond the scope of this topic.

You can run Windows 7 on the latest CPUs, but there's a hack involved. I'm not too sure how it's all done, but you might want to check in on the sevenforums website and ask. You need to be computer savvy though. I may go this route and see how it goes before I even go with 10.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    FS2004 and FSX are CPU ORIENTATED games. Don't go hog wild on a GPU! Won't matter.
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor512 View Post

Hope I could help

Cheers!
    There's a patch available to make Windows 7 compatible with modern hardware:
    https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    There's a patch available to make Windows 7 compatible with modern hardware:
    https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc
    awesome

Look at my specs. That's all you need. No overclock. Just fans to cool. I7 runs cool and throttles down to 1.6 Gb when idel. My PC stays on 24/7!! HA. I only shut down every 4 months to clean out dust. I got my Window 7 Pro 64-bit from Amazon a year ago. No issues. $117. I have FS9 and FSX Accel. I get good frames and no stutters because I tweaked the FSX config and I don't have any programs running in background. I only have 54 processes running. Read up and/or go to YouTube to watch videos on subject (Windows 7 and FSX). Good luck.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Last edited by napamule2; 10-13-2018 at 05:07 AM.
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast