Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Does FSX compatible with Windows 7 ? What about Hardware..

Default Does FSX compatible with Windows 7 ? What about Hardware..

Hello,
    I would like to know if FSX is compatible with Windows 7 Professional also I am wondering what kind of minimal hardware can i get. Thanks for your help.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies to your question. Yes, FSX is very compatible with Win7 as long as you don't install it to the default location. Choose something like C:\FSX as your install point. This will make for a more pleasant experience doing changes to sceneries, airplanes, etc. Best possible hardware will be according to your budget. An I7 processor ending with a K for overclocking is best. Processor speeds of 4.0Ghz or more would be ideal with at least 4-6 Gig. of high-speed memory and lots of cooling.

Welcome aboard!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

There are tons of threads in the forum dealing with your questions, happy reading!

Jorgen

4. Default

When Ordering online it says XP/Vista right? Vista is a dual system which the software includes Win7. It is like every other game you buy if it says Vista and you have Win7 you are still able to play the game as it is dual processed with Vista. I hope this answer concludes your thread.

Vista includes Win 7? Hello???? XP, Vista, Win 7 and Win 8 are totally different operating systems. There are several threads on how to install FSX under Win 7/8. I suggest you read through a couple so you'll see what's involved.

Especially important under Win 7/8: DO NOT - I will repeat because this is important - DO NOT let the installation procedure install to Program Files(x86). Don't because you'll have a ton of issues with access rights, even if User Account Control is turned off.

If you have one hard drive, which will be C:, install to something like C:\1FSX. If you have two drives - and if you can afford it I suggest you have two - then install it to something like F:\1FSX, that's how I have it.

Hope this helps -

Jorgen

works fine for me but you need- 64!
    if not you will get "insufficient memory"

Absolutely. If you can in any way get a 64-bit OS, and put 8 GB of RAM into the system.

I used to have FSX on a 4 GB XP Pro system. There is a switch that will let you push FSX almost to the 4 GB limit in such a system, but that's been over 4 years ago and I have forgotten all about where I found this setting.

Jorgen

8. Default

Hy! I live in Hungary. I re-installed Windows and FSX and start, but.... This is my problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7G7fpRyFc
    Please help me! Thank you!

My Computer: AMD phenom 965, Geforce GTX650, 6 GB ram, Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by djfules View Post
    Hy! I live in Hungary. I re-installed Windows and FSX and start, but.... This is my problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7G7fpRyFc
    Please help me! Thank you!

My Computer: AMD phenom 965, Geforce GTX650, 6 GB ram, Windows 7 64bit
    Welcome to the forum.
    Start your own thread please. Your problem is totally unrelated to this one...Don
    HAF 932 Adv, PC P&C 950w, ASUS R4E,i7-3820 5.0GHz(MCR320-XP 6 fans wet), GTX 970 FTW
    16GB DDR3-2400, 128GB SAMSUNG 830(Win 7 Ult x64), 512GB SAMSUNG 840 Pro(FSX P3D FS9)
    WD 1TB Black(FS98, CFS2&3, ROF, etc.), WD 2TB Black-(Storage/Backup)
    Active Sky Next, Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds

All, I have the following hardware. Will it be enough to install, use and play FSX ?

Thanks for your help,

G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast