Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Does FSX compatible with Windows 7 ? What about Hardware..

Quote Originally Posted by napamule2 View Post
    Look at my specs. That's all you need. No overclock. Just fans to cool. I7 runs cool and throttles down to 1.6 Gb when idel. My PC stays on 24/7!! HA. I only shut down every 4 months to clean out dust. I got my Window 7 Pro 64-bit from Amazon a year ago. No issues. $117. I have FS9 and FSX Accel. I get good frames and no stutters because I tweaked the FSX config and I don't have any programs running in background. I only have 54 processes running. Read up and/or go to YouTube to watch videos on subject (Windows 7 and FSX). Good luck.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Thank You, Very Much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering if I go to Amazon.con and look for Windows 7 Gaming Computers, will they work with FSX Deluxe ?

Yes. Just make sure you install FSX into the root of C:\\ drive. So create a folder in C drive called FSX and install there. DO NOT install FSX or even FS2004 to the program files folder.

This is true for Vista on up.

Reason being is that the program file folders are emulated and protected so add-ons will play hell. You've been warned.

You're better off building a computer. What's your budget?

If you can't build it, I can give you a parts list from pcpartpicker.com then you can buy the parts and have a PC shop build it for you. They'll probably charge around a Benjamin.
    Last edited by CRJ_simpilot; 10-13-2018 at 11:01 AM.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    Yes. Just make sure you install FSX into the root of C:\\ drive. So create a folder in C drive called FSX and install there. DO NOT install FSX or even FS2004 to the program files folder.

This is true for Vista on up.

Reason being is that the program file folders are emulated and protected so add-ons will play hell. You've been warned.

You're better off building a computer. What's your budget? If you can't build it, I can give you a parts list from pcpartpicker.com then you can buy the parts an d have a PC shop build it for you. They'll probably charge around a Benjamin.
    Awesome, Thank Youuuu. I guess I am not totally out of the game.

You're welcome.

Sent from my Drone using encrypted SSH, L2TP, P25, Astro, Provoice-ESK, Tetra, VSLEP, DECT 6.0, WPA2-PSK with a dash of SSL using Tapatalk

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

Since you live in Denver, I suggest you go to your local Micro Center (if it's still there, last time I was there was in 2009) and tell them you want a Windows computer and approx. how much money you have to throw at it. They will help you out.

Jorgen

Quote Originally Posted by jorgen.s.andersen View Post
    Since you live in Denver, I suggest you go to your local Micro Center (if it's still there, last time I was there was in 2009) and tell them you want a Windows computer and approx. how much money you have to throw at it. They will help you out.

Jorgen
    Ohhhh yesss....we still have it here. Thank Youuuuu

Do you have a budget? Like I said, I can put together a parts list with the best available CPU for FSX withen your budget and you can buy the parts and then go to a local PC shop and have it put together.

My forum project
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Why Windows 10 suxx

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    Do you have a budget? Like I said, I can put together a parts list with the best available CPU for FSX withen your budget and you can buy the parts and then go to a local PC shop and have it put together.
    Yes I do, but I want to use it exclusively for FSX, and fly virtually with other pilots through the internet. It has been a while...I think it was through squawkbox or something like that...

Just to be clear and concise: I went to Gilroy Computers, about 30 miles north. I told him I needed (wanted?) a fast computer, 3.5 Ghz up, for Flight Simulator. I had $1000 budget. HE picked the parts so the system would be BALANCED (ie: work together with no bottlenecks). I took the parts home and read up online on doing the assembly, including how-to videos on YouTube. I took one whole day to assemble. I double checked everything. Wrote down what I did following notes I took from manual, videos, and forums. I fired it up and it worked. The feeling of glory ('I DID it!!) was worth a million dollars! The PC has worked 24/7 for 6 years now. It would take $2400 to build now a days (guessing). The point is: save a bundle by putting it together yourself. Most 'bad or wrong' connections won't 'fry' your PC. It will just refuse to boot. But it's still a risk. Maybe get a 15 year old 'geek' (oh, but NOT Best Buy-they charge too much and 'wing' it sometimes-not good!) to advice you (hehe). I am 78 yrs old and I am still learning everyday something new about PC's, Windows, and Flit Sim. So take your time to decide what to get. It will be YOUR 'dream machine' so do your research. READ, READ, and READ some more! You are never 'done' (or so it seems). Next you need to learn how to tweak the PC (Windows) and the Sim. So READ, READ, and READ some more (hehe). And take lots of NOTES! Cheers.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4