Posting Links to downloads in the library

mrzippy

Far too often a link to downloads in the FlightSim.Com library go nowhere. The usual display is "Search not found".

Moderator fxsttcb has posted in a previous thread the correct way to do it now and is willing to make this thread a

"Sticky".

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=YOURFILENAME.zip

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=search&fname=ryanair-2.zip This line is an example of a link to a Ryanair repaint for the default 737.

Thank you, Don!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Just my 2 cents here, but I have found the best way is to copy and paste the entire Library entry in the body of the post (I've done this the last couple of times). That way, it gives the OP all of the pertinent info about the item. Right now, the Forum seems to be set up wherein the important links to the File are highlighted, which makes navigating very easy.

For example:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners FS2004/FSX Boeing 787-8 In Dreamliner Livery

[ Download | View ]

Name: tds788trent_boeing_n787ba.zip

Size: 18,209,920 Date: 06-27-2013 Downloads: 5,660

tds788trent_boeing_n787ba.gif

fbq1.giffcq1.gif FS2004/FSX Boeing 787-8 In Dreamliner Livery. A Boeing 787-8 in Dreamliner livery, registration N787BA, developed by Tenkuu Developers Studio (TDS). Model features high resolution textures, dynamic flexing wings, body gear steering, nose gear steering, rudder lock, ground spoilers, low speed aileron locks at high speed, fully animated control surfaces, fully independent suspension, trim animation, opening passenger doors, animated tilting bogies, rolling wheels, animated thrust reversers with reverser block doors, detailed textures, full night lighting, ground service vehicles and more. Model design by Hiroshi Igami/Yosuke Ube. Flight dynamics design by Maurino M-Bezel Brown, Nick Wilkinson. Master textures by Yosuke Ube. Livery by Yosuke Ube. (See also UTILITY_PANEL_FIX.ZIP)

I know it takes up more space, but I think it's a little more helpful for the person looking.

:)

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

ViperPilot2: +1

I often suffer with (like 90% of cases) 404 errors when trying to find some file here recommended on forum, but links in format that you are suggesting - are always working perfectly :) You are a great example.

• 1 year later...

Hi V.P

I have downloaded and installed the 787-8 only to find out that it does not support a V.C only the 2D is available. I have found in FS.COM an excellent V.C however, it is for T.D.S; I do not know what the T.D.S stands for, also, will this V.C install into the none T.D.S 787-8?

I’m running FSXGold.

Edd

Hi all

Thanks for your replies.

An old saying comes to mind “get your brain in gear before you open your mouth”, well in this case I don’t think anything was in gear.

Looking at my post I realise just how stupid it is; how in God’s name could I expect anyone to help me with a dumb post like that; I am getting long in the tooth now (66) and the brain is getting smaller. The other problem is that technology is moving forward so fast I’m losing touch; well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

I will re-trace my steps in FS.Com and get the information you require to help.

Cheers guys

I apologise for my stupidity.

Regards

• 1 year later...

Pardon my intrusion, Ryan, but this isn't the thread for your question. Plese post a new thread about your question in the FSX forum :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

• 4 years later...
Just my 2 cents here, but I have found the best way is to copy and paste the entire Library entry in the body of the post (I've done this the last couple of times). That way, it gives the OP all of the pertinent info about the item. Right now, the Forum seems to be set up wherein the important links to the File are highlighted, which makes navigating very easy.

For example:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Jetliners FS2004/FSX Boeing 787-8 In Dreamliner Livery

[ Download | View ]

Name: tds788trent_boeing_n787ba.zip

Size: 18,209,920 Date: 06-27-2013 Downloads: 5,660

tds788trent_boeing_n787ba.gif

fbq1.giffcq1.gif FS2004/FSX Boeing 787-8 In Dreamliner Livery. A Boeing 787-8 in Dreamliner livery, registration N787BA, developed by Tenkuu Developers Studio (TDS). Model features high resolution textures, dynamic flexing wings, body gear steering, nose gear steering, rudder lock, ground spoilers, low speed aileron locks at high speed, fully animated control surfaces, fully independent suspension, trim animation, opening passenger doors, animated tilting bogies, rolling wheels, animated thrust reversers with reverser block doors, detailed textures, full night lighting, ground service vehicles and more. Model design by Hiroshi Igami/Yosuke Ube. Flight dynamics design by Maurino M-Bezel Brown, Nick Wilkinson. Master textures by Yosuke Ube. Livery by Yosuke Ube. (See also UTILITY_PANEL_FIX.ZIP)

I know it takes up more space, but I think it's a little more helpful for the person looking.

:)

I tried this (today), and it didn't work for me. I had to manually set up the links and what not. Seems like the set up may have changed in the last few years. Unless I did something wrong.

• 5 months later...

[TABLE=align: center]

[TR=bgcolor: #EFEFEF]

[TD]

FSX - FSX Scenery FSX Scenery--Area 51 / Groom Lake

[ Download | View ]

Name: area_51_2011.zip

Size: 11,631,085 Date: 12-30-2014 Downloads: 1,531

area_51_20112.gif

area_51_2011.gif

FSX Scenery--Area 51 / Groom Lake (AR51) Janet, Arizona (AZ), USA. Made from Google Earth image dated 8/22/2011. Added two gates, military cargo, a few GA parking spots. There are several combat and helo spots as well. Placed some military aircraft, but left some spots open. Even put three UFO's. Uses mostly stock and default buildings. One custom hide building with antennas, by TimmyL. Includes a static military library. By James Foutz.

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Hit this magical button shown in the screenshot below. Now make your copy/paste operation and your clipboard will carry with it all the required code.

It's actually why I'll never support a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) mode on my site unless it can be turned on/off like on this forum software. Reason is because I can't stand copying articles over from a website only to carry with them their formatting when I paste to a post. Also, I consider it a security issue...

A WYSIWYG on newer versions of vBulletin or Xenforo will bold the text and want not. Then to make matters worse, the forum software won't turn off the code formatting and I'm now typing in continuous bold, italic mode or what ever. I don't think this can be turned off and then back on per post like this website.

Also, check out your account settings. Top right click settings. On the bottom left click on General Settings under "My Account".

You can turn this WYSIWYG on permanently or not.

Addendum:

I had no idea "Area-51" was in Arizona...

wysiwyg.jpg

wysiwyg2.jpg

Edited by CRJ_simpilot