Thread: mega scenery pacific northwest for fs98 installer will not work

Angry mega scenery pacific northwest for fs98 installer will not work

Hi I am running fs98 on vista quite ok but I found megascenery pnw for fs98 and expected it to be simple. No it will not install and Itried manual install but it cause it to close. Any ideas out there??.

It's for FS 2004. That is why it won't install or run.

FS98 is three versions behind FS 2004.

Edit: Or do you have the FS98 version?
    Last edited by JSkorna; 06-16-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Hi yes its the fs98 version.I the country scenery will work but not the city scapes just buildings. I directly installed manally as the installer keeps failing. It msy be a vista thing same in fs95. Tried alteringsettings no better. Any ideas?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by pstoa View Post
    Hi yes its the fs98 version.I the country scenery will work but not the city scapes just buildings. I directly installed manally as the installer keeps failing. It msy be a vista thing same in fs95. Tried alteringsettings no better. Any ideas?
    Hi pstoa. Were you able to install the scenery after all? Where did you get the MegaScenery Pacific Northwest for FS98? I"ve been looking for a copy for a while?

If you have FS98 installed on the program files folder, perhaps you should try installing it to the root c:\ drive. There is a chance the installer can't access the program files folder. You can also try creating a fake directory in the c:\ drive with the FS98.exe and cfg files, etc and installing it there then copying everything over. Just some ideas.
    Ricardo
    FSThrottle.com

Hi the loader is odd I tried what was kindly suggested but no. It says unable to create folder for hi res in normal install or if you custom inst it says not enough room on disk which has gigs of space. Ihave it working but displays blank colour plates in city areas where hi res should work but everywhete else the so called low res is stunning.

7. Default

Hi pstoa. I know it's 5 yrs after the original post but here's what worked for me (painful but it does work). Pacific NW installs fine on windows 98 machines (yuck). So I did that and then upgraded to windows XP to make it tolerable. I've made that machine (an old one in my basement) a dedicated standalone for fs98 and the many add ons I have for it. What I haven't tried that you might want to is to copy the entire installed directory to another more current machine. Good luck.