Thread: FSX DreamFleet Dakota under W7 64 bits

Default FSX DreamFleet Dakota under W7 64 bits

What I have after uninstall Dokota fsx

After unsinstall the fsx DreamFleet Dakota, I have still the following gauge files in the gauges folder of fsx.

rxpDrop.dll
    rxpFLN.df236.dll
    rxpFLT.df236.dll
    rxpGNS.df236.dll

So the unsinstalling the Dakota do not unsinstall de RXP gauges previously installed.

EDIT :
    You should have in the root folder of FSX
    RxpTdxp.dll

Re-installing the Dakota in FSX

This timre I have choosen to re-install the Dakota in a temporary folder without installing the RXP gauges. Then I copy the df236.dll file in the gauges folder of FSX. After I place the DreamFleet Dakota folder in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes
    folder.

I do not install the other filles. Otherwise I have had a crash to desk of the FSX.

Panel cfg files

In the panel folder of the the DreamFleet Dakota we find several panel cfg files
    panel.cfg
    PANEL_1024.CFG
    PANEL_1280.CFG
    PANEL_1680.CFG

First make a safeguard copy of these files under another name. Then, in each of these files change all entries rxpGNS.df236!GNS430 by fs9gps!gps_500. Save the modifications.

I have done these modifications beacause RXP GNS430 GPS give a crash of the FSX when I try to use the Dakota.

Use of configuration panel

When I use the configuration panel I MUST NOT PRESS SAVE BUTTON. Even if I don not press the SAVE button, the changes of configuration are still effective the next time I choose the Dakota. But if I press the SAVE button I have a crash of FSX.

What I have now

By following this procedure I have now a DredamFleet Dakota working in FSX under W7 64 bits operating system. The RXP GNS430 is missing, the effects files and some sound filles were not installed to avoid crash of FSX.

Have a good day

Benoit
    Last edited by benoitdubey; 07-18-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Thank you very much for this information Benoit. I've been wanting to install my Dreamfleet Dakota again for quite some time. It worked initially for me under Windows7 64-bit, but then one day everything stopped operating, and I eventually had to remove it. I will give it a new try using your suggestions. Congratulations on getting yours to work. ~Glenn
    Windows7 Pro 64-bit OS, CoolerMaster Centurion case, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4Ghz CPU, 16GB Corsair RAM, ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/Aura MB, CoolerMaster Hyper212 Cooling, EVGA GeForce 650 GTX 1GB GPU, (2) Western-Digital Black Caviar SATA6 HDDs, Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke/RudderPedals, TrackIR4, Altec-Lansing 3D subwoofer sound